Expert Advisors when Developer Stops Supporting Them

Hi all! My question is do expert advisers keep working even after when their developers stop supporting them/cancel them, or do they continue to work as they previously did? (As opposed to signals?)

Thanks!

Switch88:

Hi all! My question is do expert advisers keep working even after when their developers stop supporting them/cancel them, or do they continue to work as they previously did? (As opposed to signals?)

Thanks!

Hi Switch

They should keep working. The only thing which I could see which would prevent them from working would be a change to MQL4/MQL5 language (this happened to a lot of indicator & EAs when MT4 went to post build 600) or if the author put a time limitation in the EA (which is not allowed under the Market rules). SO basically, you have a better than fair chance that it'll keep on working :)

Filter:
Hi Switch

They should keep working. The only thing which I could see which would prevent them from working would be a change to MQL4/MQL5 language (this happened to a lot of indicator & EAs when MT4 went to post build 600) or if the author put a time limitation in the EA (which is not allowed under the Market rules). SO basically, you have a better than fair chance that it'll keep on working :)
Thankyou very much for your reply :)

Switch88:
Thankyou very much for your reply :)
Very welcome :)
Reason: