[Archive!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Couldn't go anywhere without you - 2. - page 197

Only init () here, no start () => https://forum.mql4.com/ru/14594

Everything works fine, ticks are processed and orders are placed.

Code => https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/112633/page6

See A.MQ4.

Yurixx:

And this, sorry, is a fantasy at all. There cannot be any return from start() to init() at all.

This is possible by calling init() as a normal function. But there can be no system return.

Ais:

Only init () here, no start () => https://forum.mql4.com/ru/14594

Everything works fine, ticks are processed and orders are placed.

Code => https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/112633/page6

See A.MQ4.

Undocumented features are used which can be changed at any time. The developers warned about this in the documentation, limiting the function to 2.5 seconds for system calls.

In the last build (388) they changed the things that should not be touched at all. This is as an example for the future.

DhP:

In that case, how are you going to determine that times have ended and a "new" time has begun?

And that the optimisation carried out from 1.1.2010 to the present will start laying golden eggs for you on Monday?

The EA is not something immutable. You have to monitor the situation from time to time. It is like pouring 76 or 72 into the engine, designed for 95 gasoline. It is unlikely that the combustion engine will survive (and the Expert Advisor will fail on another TF - it is optimized for certain parameters...).

Am I wrong?

kulon:

An advisor is not something immutable. You have to monitor the situation from time to time. It is like pouring 76 or 72 into the engine, designed for 95 gasoline. It is unlikely the combustion engine will survive (and the Expert Advisor will fail on another TF - it is optimized for certain parameters...).

Am I wrong?

I'm not talking about universality of the Expert Advisor and its ability to work perfectly on all TFs or available pairs.

I am just drawing your attention to the impossibility to determine at a given (current) time (even for a specific TF and pair),

that a "new time" has started and it is time to switch to other "correct" parameters/settings. This can only be seen on history.

If you find the miracle switch, the Grail is in your hands.

kulon:

An advisor is not something immutable. You have to monitor the situation from time to time. It is like pouring 76 or 72 into an engine designed for 95 gasoline. It is unlikely the ICE will survive (and the Expert Advisor will fail on another TF - it is optimized for certain parameters...).

Am I wrong?

We should write EAs that do not care what instrument to use, what period to use and at what time to work.

Zhunko:
We have to write EAs, which do not care about the instrument, the period to use and the time to work with.

I think it doesn't happen that way, otherwise we wouldn't need this forum...

So, let's get back to "what's up". How many points per annum is the norm? Can anyone at least share this information?

kulon:

In my opinion, there is no such thing, otherwise there would be no need for this forum...

So, let's get back to "our lambs". How many points per annum is the norm? Can someone at least share the information?

Everything happens. In America, 5% a month is considered very good.

kulon:

There's no way to run the code 7/24 for now. And without surveillance to leave the computer peculiar, so there is no data at least with Demo in real time...

VPS servervak 400 rubles or 120 UAH. depending on the country and no problems!

I trade with a bot for nothing. Recently, put the bot on a remote server, appreciated the difference with the home cam! And sleep easy :)

Zhunko:
It happens. In America, 5% a month is considered very good.

I'll add.

A five percent increase a month over 10 years turns a thousand quid into a million...

Zhunko:
Everything happens. In America, 5% a month is considered very good.

We've lost our way again at %. And the question was simple, but NO ONE answered specifically - how many PUPPIES is the norm now?
Reason: