[Archive!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Couldn't go anywhere without you - 2. - page 418

Good afternoon, colleagues!
I got in touch with Metatrader quite recently and came to this forum looking for an answer to the meaning of zig-zag parameters.
I confess I have not found it yet.
- Depth
- Deviation
- Backstep

So, what do they mean?
I have plotted two zigzags: 3.5.3 and 3.5000.3. I do not know what the second parameter means - points or percentage, but both indicators coincided(!), so I am puzzled... I don't know if it means points or percent - they should be drawn differently anyway.
I am using MT4. Please explain what's the matter.

How do you make the modelling quality on the M5 99%?

nuan:
How do you make the modelling quality on the M5 99%?

Search query: "modellingquality".

What does modelling quality depend on - the best result.

Dear programmers, I want to write one condition into the Expert Advisor, please advise the code!

The condition is as follows: if several trades in a row (the number is set in external variables) closed with profit, then for the next several trades (the number is also set in external variables) the lot size is reduced by 2 times.

Gentlemen, could you point the way, where it is written how to attach a graphical part to the EA - so that the EA can draw... I can't find it in the tutorial.

butthead:

https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/10272

Good afternoon. Please help me to understand the buffers of the attached indicator. How to write in the code of the expert the conditions on opening, at change of colour...Thanks.

It is better to use a slightly different (simpler) option for the expert, and to do the logic in the expert

I have an example on my forum

It is an indicator

Files:
_hma.mq4  2 kb

granit77:
I believe that we need to search through the objects, find the required Label type and place its text using the ObjectDescription() function into a string variable.
Then we "parse" the obtained string, i.e. parsing and extracting the information we need from it. Using string functions StringFind(), StringLen(), StringSubstr()
find position of "=" character in the "FXRanger: Risk:Reward=х.ххх" string and put part of the string following it (х.ххх) into another string variable. Then using the StrToDouble() function, convert the string into the number you are looking for.

P.S.
You need this dancing around, because the indicator outputs data into objects, not buffers, and iCustom cannot be applied. And you cannot change anything inside the indicator without the code.
Thank you very much! Your help is too much to be overestimated. I will try to

Vinin:

For an Expert Advisor, it is better to use a slightly different (simpler) variant and make the logic in the Expert Advisor

An example of an expert is on my forum

This is an indicator

Thank you Mr.Vinin.
Reason: