[Archive!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Couldn't go anywhere without you - 2. - page 323

Roman.:

Share the link or a description of this TC book.

Here's the book

Here is a movie

Here's a description of the pro course with some links to the system

Also people wrote on forums about possibility to replace MA envelope with 24/2.5 Bollinger bands. I'll see how it looks realistic on Monday.

I tried to make an MA 34 and 2 levels of 21/-21. It looks not quite familiar, but maybe I should get used to it/test it.

Roman.:

Share the link or a description of this TC.

Here or here is another film, very detailed.

Here is a forum on this TS

What is the difference between int and int& in function parameters?

dacosta7:
Can you tell me the difference between int and int& in function parameters?

int - input value

int& - output

That is, if it calls: Funk(A,B)

And the body of the function: Funk(int& A2, int& B2)

Then when A2 and B2 change in the body of the function, will A and B also change?

dacosta7:

That is, if it calls: Funk(A,B)

And the body of the function: Funk(int& A2, int& B2)

Then when A2 and B2 change in the body of the function, will A and B also change?

yes

1. If testing is done on M30 using the All Ticks model and there is a history of M1, M5, M15, M30

- which is used to determine the boundaries of 15 min Bars? - M1 or M15?

2. If I delete the M15 file - will it affect the results of the test I mentioned in point 1?

Thank you!

chief2000:

1. If testing is done on M30 using the All Ticks model and there is a history of M1, M5, M15, M30

- which is used to determine the boundaries of 15 min Bars? - M1 or M15?

2. If I delete the M15 file - will it affect the results of the test I mentioned in point 1?

Thank you!

https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/1490
From personal experience - if you are using TF older than M5, it is best to use the mode "By opening prices" and select the TF M1, and in the code to analyse the required TF using iHigh(NULL,PERIOD....,0), iClose(NULL,PERIOD....,0), at least I think so

IgorM:
https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/1490
From personal experience - if you are using an TF older than M5, it is best to use the "Open Price" mode and select the TF M1, and in the code to analyse the desired TF using iHigh(NULL,PERIOD....,0), iClose(NULL,PERIOD....,0), at least I think so

I also usually optimise everything by Opening Price and test by All-Types. So far it's been a good compromise between time and quality. But the last Expert Advisor is not quite a usual one (it was designed so) and its optimization by all the ticks takes a terribly long time. That is why I decided to optimize it by checkpoints preliminarily removing М15. But the question is - what effect will it have on testing of all ticks? (i.e. if there is no M15 file)

Your idea is good, but it is the final stage of optimisation of the Expert Advisor and therefore I do not want to change anything in it.

Thank you!

chief2000:

by deleting M15 beforehand, but here's a question - how will this affect the All-Tick Test? (i.e. if there is no M15 file)

i tried to check if i remove M15, strategy tester is not working, if i'm not mistaken, it's not allowed, because history files with used TFs will be used by tester both to calculate mismatch errors and to determine opening/closing prices, try to do as described in the article, i imported ticks from Dukas and created TF for MT4, and then tested with generated .fxt files
Reason: