Need i_Trend expert for MT4 - page 2

Hi Scorpion,

Your iTrend Expert is exactly what I've been searching for! Thanks for that !

I'm familiar with the basics of the MT4 platform, and am using it on an Interbank FX demo, but I've not been able to get your iTrend Expert to initiate trades - either on backtesting, or live forward testing.

Even "tinkering" with the settings doesn't produce any activity, although there are several crossovers of iTrend indicator during the back and forward testing.

It compiles without errors, and the "smiley-face" is on the chart (also, I've ensured that "enable live trading" without "manual confirmation" is set properly.)

Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers!

Hi, maybe it's broken in newer version of MT. Anyway, I'd like to see error logs to investigate. After having finished backtesting, go to 'Journal' tab in backtesting window, copy all messages (right-click) and paste them here.

See if anything went wrong.

Thanks for your fast reply, Scorpion.

I never thought to check the Journal !

It repeatedly has the following error, which occurrs many times:

2007.01.30 10:55:15 2007.01.17 23:45 Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\Interbank FX Trader 4\experts\indicators\i_Trend.ex4' on the EURUSD,M15

A file of that name "i_Trend.ex4" does exist in the "experts" folder.

Hope that helps to identify the problem.

Thanks again.

It's because you don't have i_Trend indicator installed. Copy i_Trend.mq4 and i_Trend.ex4 to C:\Program Files\Interbank FX Trader 4\experts\indicators\

Make sure you copy to ..\experts\indicators\ not just ..\experts. i_Trend_Cross.mq4 should be in ..\experts.

Hope this helps

back testing give me around 90% losing trade...

i have used default settings on M1 M5 M15 M30 H1 and the result are all the same, allways around 90% lose and at the end allways -50% at the end of the test period.

Back test was done with every tick option...

What is wrong ?

I'm an idiot ! What i didn't do was compile the i_Trend indicator after altering a setting. Have reloaded and recompiled the indicator so all is fresh, and the Backtesting now works at last.

Your EA generates orders each time theres a cross of the i_Trend indicators. Great.

However, when running it on several different timeframes - and going just Long, just Short, and Long & Short - they all generate steady losses, a smooth line until the end of test period.

I will examine the trading graphs in detail, and post any further observations.

Thanks again!

Have also tested on different Currency Pairs now (last post above refers to EURUSD ) and result is very similar - smooth downward line, with occasional small gains !

I realise that this EA is intended to be incorporated into a system, and therefore needs another indicator or two to confirm which trades to enter.

Gazuz, I'd be interested to know if you use the i_Trend_Cross EA on its own, or as part of a system, perhaps using the cross as an "alarm" to alert to a potential trade?

Or whether you only trade or run EA at certain times of the day, i.e. when the market is mre active, and the iTrend crosses are less frequent and more "profitable" when they arise.

Came across this whilst searching for the iTrend EA, but as I'm using MT4 I cant use this code.

/*[[
	Name := iTrend Expert v0.5

Author := Copyright © 2004, KillerKhan
Link := http://www.iamatyourmuthazhouse.com/
Lots := 1.00
Stop Loss := 0
Take Profit := 0
Trailing Stop := 0
]]*/
defines: TestYear(2004);
defines: TestMonth(1);
defines: LowestCapital(500);
defines: slippage(5);
defines: iBands_Mode_0_2(0);
defines: iPower_Price_0_6(0);
defines: iPrice_Type_0_3(0);
defines: iBands_Period(20);
defines: iBands_Deviation(2);
defines: iPower_Period(14);
defines: Go_Long(0);
defines: Go_Short(0);
defines: No_Trade(0);
vars: value(0),value2(0),CurrentBar(0),Bands_Mode(0),Power_Price(0),CurrentPrice(0);
vars: cnt(0),trd(0);

///////////////////////////////
// Back Testing
//////////////////////////////
If TimeYear(time[0]) < TestYear then Exit;
If TimeMonth(time[0]) < TestMonth then Exit;

// Main Settings
If FreeMargin < LowestCapital then exit;
If CurTime - LastTradeTime < 30 then exit;

// Delete Trades
if hour>=23 and hour=45 and minute<55 then
{
for cnt=1 to TotalTrades
{
If (OrderValue(cnt,VAL_SYMBOL)= Symbol) then trd = trd+1;
};

if trd=1 then
{
if OrderValue(cnt,VAL_TYPE) = OP_BUY and OrderValue(cnt,VAL_SYMBOL)= Symbol then
{
CloseOrder(OrderValue(cnt,VAL_TICKET),OrderValue(cnt,VAL_LOTS),Ask,slippage,Green);
Exit;
};
if OrderValue(cnt,VAL_TYPE) = OP_SELL and OrderValue(cnt,VAL_SYMBOL)= Symbol then
{
CloseOrder(OrderValue(cnt,VAL_TICKET),OrderValue(cnt,VAL_LOTS),Bid,slippage,Green);
Exit;
};
};
};

// Set Trades
if hour>=0 and hour=1 and minute<15 then
{
for cnt=1 to TotalTrades
{
If (OrderValue(cnt,VAL_SYMBOL)= Symbol) then trd = trd+1;
};

if trd=1 then
{
if OrderValue(cnt,VAL_TYPE) = OP_BUY and OrderValue(cnt,VAL_SYMBOL)= Symbol then
{
CloseOrder(OrderValue(cnt,VAL_TICKET),OrderValue(cnt,VAL_LOTS),Ask,slippage,Green);
Exit;
};
if OrderValue(cnt,VAL_TYPE) = OP_SELL and OrderValue(cnt,VAL_SYMBOL)= Symbol then
{
CloseOrder(OrderValue(cnt,VAL_TICKET),OrderValue(cnt,VAL_LOTS),Bid,slippage,Green);
Exit;
};
};
if trd=0 then
{
// iTrend Indicator
SetLoopCount(0);
//if iBands_Mode_0_2=1 then Bands_Mode=MODE_LOW
//else if iBands_Mode_0_2=2 then Bands_Mode=MODE_HIGH
//else Bands_Mode=MODE_MAIN;
Bands_Mode=MODE_MAIN;

//if iPower_Price_0_6=1 then Power_Price=PRICE_OPEN
//else if iPower_Price_0_6=2 then Power_Price=PRICE_HIGH
//else if iPower_Price_0_6=3 then Power_Price=PRICE_LOW
//else if iPower_Price_0_6=4 then Power_Price=PRICE_MEDIAN
//else if iPower_Price_0_6=5 then Power_Price=PRICE_TYPICAL
//else if iPower_Price_0_6=6 then Power_Price=PRICE_WEIGHTED
//else Power_Price=PRICE_CLOSE;
Power_Price=PRICE_CLOSE;

For CurrentBar=Bars+1 DownTo 0 begin
//if iPrice_Type_0_3=1 then CurrentPrice=open[CurrentBar]
//else if iPrice_Type_0_3=2 then CurrentPrice=high[CurrentBar]
//else if iPrice_Type_0_3=3 then CurrentPrice=low[CurrentBar]
//else CurrentPrice=close[CurrentBar];
CurrentPrice=close[CurrentBar];

value=CurrentPrice-iBands(iBands_Period,iBands_Deviation,Bands_Mode,CurrentBar);
if value < 0 then value = 0;
if value > 0 then value = 1;
setIndexValue(CurrentBar, value);
value2=-(iBearsPower(iPower_Period,Power_Price,CurrentBar)+iBullsPower(iPower_Period,Power_Price,CurrentBar));
if value2 < 0 then value2 = 0;
if value2 > 0 then value2 = -1;
setIndexValue2(CurrentBar, value2);
if value = 1 then Go_Long=1;
if value2 = -1 then Go_Short=1;
if value2 = -1 and value = 1 then No_Trade=1;
//SetGlobalVariable("BUK",value);
end;

if Go_Long=1 then
{
SetOrder(OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,slippage,StopLoss,TakeProfit,BLUE);
Comment("Buy Signal");
Go_Long=0;
Exit;
};
if Go_Short=1 then
{
SetOrder(OP_SELL,Lots,Bid,slippage,StopLoss,TakeProfit,RED);
Comment("Sell Signal");
Go_Short=0;
Exit;
};
if No_Trade=1 then
{
Comment("No Signal");
No_Trade=0;
Exit;
};
};
};

I would be interested to learn which Trading platform it is for, or indeed if anyone can "convert" it to MT4 code, for testing.

I think one additional indicator would serve the automated i_Trend Cross EA very well.

La Guerre, copy attached (mis-spelled i know ! !)

Basically, this indicator would say "BUY if line crosses up through 0.15 / SELL if line crosses Down through 0.75"

Therefore the EA would send an Order IF "i_Trend Cross" conditions AND "LaGuerre" conditions are met.

Hope this is possible, as I suspect this would add a very useful filter to the iTrend Cross EA.

Files:
LaGuere.mq4  3 kb

SpecialFX:
Gazuz, I'd be interested to know if you use the i_Trend_Cross EA on its own, or as part of a system, perhaps using the cross as an "alarm" to alert to a potential trade? Or whether you only trade or run EA at certain times of the day, i.e. when the market is mre active, and the iTrend crosses are less frequent and more "profitable" when they arise.

Hey SpecialFX,

I have moved away a bit from indicators and more into the mathematical thinking where I manage my money without needing to know if the price will go up or down. Sorry I might check it back again but if I remember correctly, I used this indicator with a small take profit and the downward trend became positive smooth up trend. However I think it was using too much margin for the profit it was making and therefore too risky

Reason: