[Archive!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Couldn't go anywhere without you - 2. - page 301

Roman.:

I see. :-))) Let me have a closer look in visualisation mode, i.e. if I open a Sell position, but the price goes up for some time, it turns out to be a drawdown? Did I get it right?
Yes.

IgorM:

And you should read this article: https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/1490;)

Not to post screenshots of the tester - have you solved the mystery of tick simulation in the tester? Then go ahead - bet on a real account!

I read it - I know :-))) The question is different.

DhP:
Yes.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I got it.

Roman.:

What are the mysteries of the ticks - day-trading at opening prices... :-))) This is just the first time I've come across something like this... :-))) Tests posted, for a better understanding of the question to the person answering it...

yes you have already answered your question - drawdown on the daily bar, it's not that hard to do a test on the minutes or hours and analyze D1, but try to put a SL, illusions disappear right away

Roman.:

You should at least open a textbook for fun - on this (summary) page... :-)))

Thanks, Roman!

1. I mixed up modify_pending.mq4 and period_converter.mq4 in the question text.

2. I read textbook, look at website, forum ... Maybe the listed ordering scripts are not difficult to understand, but their description is absent somewhere :( and what exactly they do is not clear or may be understood correctly.

Regards, Alexander

IgorM:

So you have answered your question - drawdown on the daily bar, nothing difficult to do a test on the minutes or hours and analyze D1, but try to put a SL, illusions disappear at once

Many thanks. Market entry accuracy may be different, of course, but at the same time I think the stop is not the best. :-))) From my previous illusions in the appropriate branch of the forum - the first and the second both in the end of pages - I am sure, it is impossible to chop such beauty with stops... :-)))

pa0905:

Thanks Roman!

1. I mixed up modify_pending.mq4 and period_converter.mq4 in the question text.

2. I read textbook, look at website, forum ... Maybe the listed ordering scripts are not difficult to understand, but their description is absent somewhere :( and what exactly they do is not clear or may be understood correctly.

Regards, Alexander

You're getting ahead of yourself - start from here and here - all pages - calmly, thoughtfully and unhurriedly, whatever you don't understand - ask us and we'll always help... :-)))

P.S. As they say, the market won't run away from you... :-))) You'll always have time to withdraw your deposit (though... the goals of language learning may be different too... :-)) For example, to help others...to pour your dept:))

Roman.:

There might be many mistakes - carefully read the tutorial - this section - so all your conditions for opening an order correspond to those specified in this section and also do not forget to normalize the prices.

For example, see the normalization of TR, in addition - press F1 on the normalization function and carefully read the help on it - NormalizeDouble ().

In addition, check the lot size 0.01 - this is a micro lot, try to enter 0.1 - your account might not be a micro account and besides, your broker may not allow you to place a stop loss and take profit on the same order together with the opening.

Thanks for the reply, I'm just starting out, I'm green, so I'm consulting with knowledgeable people.

Roger:

I already wrote you that it gives 5 characters, but by default it shows only 4, and for you it's 0. Add

DoubleToStr(MarketInfo(Symbol (),MODE_POINT),5)

Buy orders may only be opened at Ask price.

Thanks for the reply, I am just starting out, I am green, so I am consulting with knowledgeable people.

Roman.:

Thank you, Roman.!

Regards, Alexander

Reason: