[Archive!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Couldn't go anywhere without you - 2. - page 297

Good evening all!

Please advise how to specify the number of lots, which should be used to open an order? (we plan to use 10% of available funds to trade on the account)

Please advise why is it possible that the script from the simpleopen.mq4 tutorial is not executed (order opener).

I have tried to run it through my EA, I have seen a nice smile on my face but nothing happens.

Boneshapper:

Please advise why I can not execute the script from the tutorial simpleopen.mq4.

I have tried to run it through my EA, I got a smile on my face, but nothing happens.

Maybe, the script was written a long time ago and had 4 digits, now it has 5. 10 times stops and takeovers should be increased.

Please advise. I have encountered a problem today. I opened several orders with different values (15 orders) and now I have to close all of them. While the script was dealing with small ones, the biggest one retraced by 20 pips and thus I got a total loss instead of profit.

Question - is there any way to influence the order in which orders are closed (so that orders of larger volume are the first to be closed)?

If anyone has such a script as an example, can I have a look at it?

Thank you

Slepoy:

Please advise. I have encountered a problem today. I opened several orders with different values (15 orders) and now I have to close all of them. While the script was dealing with small ones, the biggest one retraced by 20 pips and thus I got a total loss instead of profit.

Question - is there any way to influence the order in which orders are closed (so that orders of larger volume are the first to be closed)?

Thank you

Everything can be done, but "everything" takes time as usual

Slepoy:

Thank you

There is a function here that closes higher volume orders first: https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/131859

Professionals, tell me. The indicator draws objects named, say, ST-1, ST-2, ST-3.... Sometimes you need to delete them. As far as I understand, it can be done with ObjectDelete(). But how can I get objects named ST-* to be deleted? Thank you...

Slepoy:

Pro tip. I have encountered a problem today. I opened several orders with different values (15 orders) and asked the script to close all the orders. While I tried to close the small ones, the order got rolled back by 20 pips and thus I got a total loss instead of profit.

And if anyone has such a script as an example, may I have a look at it?

Thank you

sort the orders in the closing list... by lot size.

as an option.

;)

kon12:

Professionals, tell me. The indicator draws objects named, say, ST-1, ST-2, ST-3.... Sometimes you need to delete them. As far as I understand, it can be done with ObjectDelete(). But how can I get objects named ST-* to be deleted? Thank you...

Do a loop on listing all objects and, if the name starts with "ST-", delete.

Roger:

Do a loop through listing all objects and, if the name starts with "ST-", delete.
Right?
for (int i=ObjectsTotal()-1; i>=0 ; i--)
      {if (StringFind (ObjectName(i), "ST") >= 0) ObjectDelete (ObjectName(i)) ;}
Reason: