[Archive!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Couldn't go anywhere without you - 2. - page 253

BBSL:

Yes, it is possible, but in case the EA is multi-currency, it won't solve the problem, will it?

Still, is it possible to solve this trabble in Inite?)

The codebase has several options for collecting/recording ticks. Take a look at how they solve this problem.

sergeev:
you need to put deletion of old lines in deinit.

Added to deinit - ObjectsDeleteAll(); Works fine, but when I try to drag a new symbol from the quote table it hangs...

coronel:
There are several options in the codebase to collect/write ticks. Take a look at how they solve this problem.

Thanks a lot for the advice, yes, I'm sitting and watching))

But there is no problem with collecting ticks in start(e) at all...

The problem is getting these values in init(e), and this issue is extremely critical))

Waiting for answers!))

I wonder if the server time is updated with ticks for any instruments, is there any way to track this time update?

maybe while(true) RefreshRates()?

and if it is updated with ticks for any instrument - is it updated for instruments of open charts or not only them?

eddy:

I wonder if the server time is updated with ticks on any instrument, is there any way to track this time update?

maybe while(true) RefreshRates()?

and if it is updated with ticks for any symbol - is it updated for symbols of open charts or not only them?

Yes, quite interesting and fresh...))

Who has "used" RefreshRates(); ? Share your opinion, please!

misspelled, meant while(true) { RefreshRates(); sleep(1); }

Hi all!

Could you please tell me how to draw a square below the text displayed "Comment" but above the price chart. In what direction to dig? We need to make a kind of backgroud, to read the text.

Here is a picture of the mess.

http://s48.radikal.ru/i112/1123/87/6c6fgf53sd4fe.png

Thanks in advance.

BBSL:

Thanks a lot for the advice, yes, I'm sitting back and watching))

But there is no problem with collecting ticks in start(e) at all...

The problem is getting these values in init(e), and this issue is extremely critical))

Waiting for answers!))

I assume you mean some function simply placed in init().

That function might as well be placed anywhere else outside of start().

So I don't understand why you are stressing the importance of getting ticks in init().

coronel:

I assume you are referring to some function simply placed in init().

This function might as well be placed anywhere else outside of start().

So I don't understand why you emphasize the importance of getting ticks in init().

Good evening, coronel!

I was referring to the function called in inite();

"So I don't understand why you stress the importance of getting ticks in init(). "Because, there is no problem getting data in start();...

Still interested in the opinion on RefreshRates();

Pyro:

Hi all!

Could you please tell me how to draw a square below the text output "Comment" but above the price chart? In what direction to dig? Need to make a kind of background to read the text.

Here's a picture of the mess.

http://s48.radikal.ru/i119/1103/87/6c6c262bd4fe.png

Thank you in advance.

Too much information in the Comment. It covers half of the chart.

Maybe we should just leave the essentials?

Reason: