[Archive!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Couldn't go anywhere without you - 2. - page 209

Another question. does break interrupt the loop completely? anddoescontinue interrupt the current integration?

romik555:
Hello,

I need an indicator for the Moving Average to signal when it is crossed by price. I've searched here, there's only something similar.

Thanks in advance.

MetaEditor has a standard iMA indicator. You are welcome to use it :)

Fam:
Are there situations where only one of the two loop operators (for and while) can be used or are they always interchangeable and it's just a matter of taste?

If the coryphaei allow me, I'll answer. As the Latins used to say: Lupus dum dicere discunt - men learn. for and while are interchangeable and the difference is only in minor details which, at the initial level of language acquisition, can be ignored.

ScioMe:

If the coryphaei allow me, I will answer. After all, as the Latins used to say: Lupus dum dicere discunt - People learn. For and while are interchangeable and the difference is only in minor details which, at the initial level of language acquisition, can be ignored.
Thanks, that's exactly what I suspected. I'd like tounderstand about break and continue .

doon:

Еще раз здравствуйте.

Дело в том, что мне надо проверять проверялся ли ордер с помощью функции isCloseLastPosByStop().Магик использовать нельзя, т.к. он рано или поздно он кончиться (2147483647), а стирать или изменять его нельзя. Подскажите, как это осуществить.

Magik will never end, don't worry about that.

Use Magik and it will make your life easier.

kulon:
What lot?
The fixed lot is 0.1.

Fam:
Thanks, that's exactly what I suspected. I'd also like tounderstand about break and continue .

https://docs.mql4.com/ru/basis/operators/break

https://docs.mql4.com/ru/basis/operators/continue

Print it out and find 10 differences...))

I've read it 10 times, I can't understand some of the words and the definition accordingly. More accurately, I understand as I wrote above, but I'm not sure I got it right.

Fam:
I have read it 10 times and cannot understand some words and therefore definition. To be more exact, I understood it as I wrote above, but I'm not sure I got it right.

The break statement stops the execution of the nearest subordinateswitch, while or for statement . Control is given to the next operatorafter the one that is ending. One of the purposes ofthis operator is to terminate a loop when a variable is assigneda certain value.

-----

The continue operatorpasses control to the beginning of the nearest externalwhile or for operator, causing the beginning of the next iteration. This operator is opposite to break operator in its effect.

sergeev:
Why make branches? Big things are done alone.

The section should be done by those who maintain the site (I only know what it should be), then all participants should fill it with everything on the site, as it is all a solution to a problem.

everything in the world is either an object or a process, and a process is the change of an object. the meaning of objects is in the process, the meaning of processes is in the result. any conscious process is a goal achievement task, any information about achievement is valuable - whether it's information about capabilities, guidelines for achievement, or information about how someone has achieved something, which can also be guided.

so it's suggested that the site's look and feel should be in accordance with the goals/objectives and possibilities for their achievement.

i believe that if there's a possibility, it's necessary to have a thematic resource in any sphere of life for collaborative problem-solving and potentially endless optimisation of their solutions, including increasing the number of variants of solutions. this has always seemed obvious to me, and the construction of such resources is incomprehensible and abysmal.

Documentation TA Code Base Tutorial Articles Forum

Documentation - information about mql possibilities.

Tutorial - the same info, but arranged in a more convenient order for a consistent understanding.

TA - information about standard features of MT for TA.

Code Base - information about TA resources.

Articles - information about various services.

Forum - conversations about possibilities, no small part of which are questions about possibilities already described in the above sections.

If the whole site is about features, why not group them? and features are ways to solve problems, so the features themselves should be grouped by tasks.

Reason: