Technical analysis - A scam for beginners? - page 26

Mischek:

"You can have an absinthe.

I didn't read "you can do it", I read "you can do absinthe"!

Got it. Poured.

Oh, I think Mischke's on fire. :)

Then I had an epiphany...

It's on the subject of cognac and creed!

;)

Mischek: Up the wall you can

_|____|____|____|____|____|

___technicalanalysis____

___|____|бицца|____|____|
_|____| galavoy |____|____|
___|____|сюда|____|____|__

Richie:

I suggest that the hams and "clowns" on this forum "take a rest" in this thread. I will not respond to any "rejoinders" or flub, I have no time or inclination to do so. I'm not interested in the stats of those who earn money teaching TA, writing books on TA.

At one time you seemed the same to me...

I will come back in a week and make final conclusions. For myself, of course.

You already have.

;)

Mathemat:

Is that the real you, Swetten?

Yes, I am. And what prompted the question?

А! Yes, I know, shame on me! -- I'm getting Smokey a new harness as soon as possible.

I can't stop crying over this one. He's all over it.

It's embarrassing, even in the picture - you can see how Smoke looks at me reproachfully.

Like, we're taking a picture and he's not dressed up.

fozi:

Read the first three pages, didn't understand, just jumped to page 16.

So is the TA working or not?

You shouldn't have jumped, it was a smart idea:

"Comrades, any of you, with your toads shoved deep down, can write an EA on TA that doesn't drain. <But it will not give you 1000% a year, and will not give 100%, and those 10-20 will not suit you, if you don't have a million on your deposit. That's the problem."

FAGOTT:

Russian equities are quoted in rubles, there's no leverage, unless you take a loan from a bank, and the trend like it was in 2009 is rare.

Well, that's the trick, the crisis -> bank interest rates go up (and other things happen) and the profitability of trend-following systems, for example, goes up. This is well described in Michael Covell's book "Trend Trading".

I've been experimenting a bit with trend following systems. I'm learning. Here is the picture I got recently in the tester since 2006 on Eurobucks:

You can clearly see that it has "suddenly" worked. In fact, almost anything works at such periods. :)

Azzx:

You should have jumped over, it was a smart idea:

"Comrades, any of you, with your toad shoved deep down, can write an EA on TA that doesn't drain. <But it will not give you 1000% a year, and will not give 100%, and those 10-20 will not suit you, if you don't have a million on your deposit. That's the problem."

The problem isn't getting the %%, it's limiting risk.

paukas:

The problem is not getting the % but limiting the risks.

Э... it's implied that the interest is at a reasonable risk, isn't it?

Azzx:
Э... that's supposed to be a percentage at a reasonable risk, isn't it?

No, 20% at 100% risk, anyone gets it.

Try 20% at 5%. It's a lot harder. And if you do, you'll have the equity of an excelsior,

paukas:

No, 20% at 100% risk - anyone will get it.

Try 20% at 5% risk. It's much harder. And if you can do it, you'll have equity like an accelerator,

It's harder, but still realistic, imho. :)

That's not what most people have a problem with - they all know that the risk needs to be controlled, of course. But what are they looking for? That's right: "I buy EA of 5% a month stably", "I buy EA of 20% stably", etc. Lately I come to the conclusion that the most difficult thing in trading for a beginner is to have a real desire. :)

Reason: