Technical analysis - A scam for beginners? - page 8

If wikipedia says "In addition to price series, technical analysis uses information about trading volumes and other statistical data", how is TA different from FA?

FAGOTT:

Any definition is only valuable if you can say with certainty "this is it or that is not it" based on it. And there it is - there is no broader definition than that. You can put everything into this definition - math statistics, the probabilities, FA, etc.
That is why I am asking what exactly does not work with the comrades. Who should I sue?

paukas:

The Freemasons are fooling the people! To rip off the hard-working trader!

Nothing works but magic Sith methods. :))

Your nickname and avatar are cool. Modest, but cool.

paukas:
That's why I'm asking what exactly is wrong with my friends. Who should I sue?

They seem to have a different definition of TA than you do.

FAGOTT:

How can you argue about the performance of something that is not even concretely defined? That's scholastic. In medieval Europe, one of the most vehement debates in universities was about exactly how many angels would fit on the tip of a needle. Or an argument about whether missionaries encountering people with dog heads should preach to them or should not do so because perhaps they have no soul.

No one has seen angels and no one has seen people with dog heads, but everyone argues vehemently.

If TA as "predicting the present from the past" - that's all mat statistics and all prediction methods invented by mankind.

If "TA as specific methods" - what are they? Graphical analysis and what indicators?

Don't be fooled, time is running out, Ritchie will be back soon and you are stuck in the definition

FAGOTT:

Your nickname and avatar are cool. Modest, but cool.
It's a photo from a century ago.

"Technical analysis and its traditional opponent fundamental analysis are the main schools of securities analysis. When analysing the forex market, technical analysis dominates.[source not shown 330 days]"

FA in Central Bank trading? And how did Soros put the Bank of England down? By TA analysis? Who wrote that?

denis_orlov:

A little psychological test questionnaire. The trick is that you don't have to answer, but you can draw your own conclusions...

So the question is: Do you like it better,

this or that?

Three is better when you can't make sense of any more

FAGOTT:

How can you argue about the performance of something that is not even concretely defined? That's scholastic. In medieval Europe, one of the most vehement debates in universities was about exactly how many angels would fit on the tip of a needle. Or an argument about whether missionaries encountering people with dog heads should preach to them or should not do so because perhaps they have no soul.

No one has seen angels and no one has seen people with dog heads, but everyone argues vehemently.

If TA as "predicting the present from the past" - that's all mat statistics and all prediction methods invented by mankind.

If "TA as specific methods" - what are they? Graphical analysis and what indicators?

that's what I'm asking you, what is TA for you. For me buy/sell based on previous prices/time/volume. Any method. The main thing is to have what I wrote on the input and on the output.

Mischek:

Don't be fooled, time is ticking away, Ritchie will be back soon and you're stuck with the definition.

I get that it's divorce. But what's a divorce? Where's the spit? What is it?

Here are your cards - give us a definition of TA.

Only in your usual way - clearly, concretely, meaningfully, without ambiguity and without ambiguity

Reason: