Indicators: SmoothStep (generalized)

SmoothStep (generalized):

SmoothStep (generalized) - metatrader 4 version

SmoothStep (generalized)

Author: Mladen Rakic

Hi Mladen

The smooth step doing fine without significant lagging,looks like better idea when optimizing required results in regard lessing false signals,is it a standalone feature (smooth stepping) that can be implemented within any indicator or it is only applicable and practicable for stoch,in example picture i used max allowed 16 order (a kind of smoothing speed) and what if allowed more than 16 - :)

regards

smooth step

mntiwana #:

Hi Mladen

The smooth step doing fine without significant lagging,looks like better idea when optimizing required results in regard lessing false signals,is it a standalone feature (smooth stepping) that can be implemented within any indicator or it is only applicable and practicable for stoch,in example picture i used max allowed 16 order (a kind of smoothing speed) and what if allowed more than 16 - :)

regards

Using order greater than 16 can cause double value significant digits precision loss, and that could cause significant range exceeding/accuracy issues. 

Mladen Rakic #:

Using order greater than 16 can cause double value significant digits precision loss, and that could cause significant range exceeding/accuracy issues. 

Thanks for detailed explanation and logic behind 

regards

Thanks for helping "the rest of us" that does not have a math background... I appreciate your effort and kindess to give something that could be useful...
I know, there is not such thing as "the perfect indicator", but, one can work with the things that aproach the best performance...

And... let me make a suggestion:

could be possible to make it multi-time-frame? to be (just as an example) in the TF-5 min and display it from the data on TF-15min?

could be useful (even on the other way!)

Reason: