How do you calculate the length of a line from the coordinates? - page 2

We should also probably add that since MT scales the quote window however it wants, the result is,

Even if you bind price to window pixels (and bars to window pixels), I think this length is quite valid,

then the length calculated on January data will be different from the length calculated for the current days.

But otherwise it would be quite valid to look for the length of lines in pixels - exactly as they are on the screen.

Of course, if we set the number of pixels = const to convert the number of bars to pixels and the number of pips to convert

If you set price to pixels = const - you will be able to calculate line lengths in a blink of an eye.

Mathemat:
What hypotenuse can we talk about if the "cathetuses" are not just made of different dough, but in different spaces? More precisely, they are simply incommensurable.

Isn't that a hypotenuse?

Mathemat:
What hypotenuse can we talk about if the "cathetuses" are not just made of different dough, but in different spaces? More precisely, they are simply incommensurable.

Space is a one-point time continuum, it doesn't surprise you that we work on relative exchange rates,

although many people want the EUR index separately and the USD index separately.

But in fact we have to trade in relative space.

And nobody cares that this space is artificial. So why cannot we take the relation of impulses?

Simply, with such formulation of the question the general part that in physics is called mass is excluded (by the way at one time Prival put a question what to take as mass).

In such statement it is possible to take the time of life of movement as mass and the value in points as velocity.

jartmailru:

We should also probably add that since MT scales the quote window as desired, the result is,

Even if you bind price to window pixels (and bars to window pixels), I think this length is quite valid,

then the length calculated on January data will be different from the length calculated for the current days.

But otherwise it would be quite valid to look for the length of lines in pixels - exactly as they are on the screen.

Of course, if we set the number of pixels = const to convert the number of bars to pixels and the number of pips to convert

If you set price to pixels = const - you will be able to calculate line lengths in a blink of an eye.

Noooooo noooo, then the discreteness of the relative values would be compromised and the correct result would not be obtained.

Let's take a car as an example. If we know its speed in straight line (100 km/h) and speed at which it passes the corner of 45 degrees (let it be 80 km/h) - can we calculate speed of turn in 90 degrees?

In pipsum space, only linearity of one plane and non-linearity of another plane are among peculiarities.

Urain:
Noooooo noooo, then the discreteness of the relative values would be compromised and the correct result would not be obtained.

Please keep it simple - I don't get it. It's also not clear what's being proposed.

jartmailru:
Please tell me more simply - I don't understand.
One pulse in one window, with its linkage to the points, will give one division value of the time scale, another in another window will give a different division value of the time scale, so you cannot compare them, but if the division value of all the same type of scales is the same, then the comparison will be quite correct.

Это не гипотенуза?

Of course not. The first 'cathetus' would be of apples, the second of parrots. What would the hypotenuse be made of?

Mathemat:

Of course not. The first 'cathetus' would be of apples, the second of parrots. And what would the hypotenuse be made of?

That wasn't for me, of course, but I couldn't resist...

One cathetus is measured in x's and the other in yikes. What is the hypotenuse?

Urain:
One pulse in one window with its reference to points will give one timescale graduation, another in another window will give a different timescale graduation, so they cannot be compared, but if the graduation of all the same type of scales is the same, the comparison will be quite correct.
So I said to set constant coefficients relative to some window at a particular point in time. The division value will never be the same, because X is for time and Y is for price.
Reason: