how much does a profitable system cost? - page 4

Tantrik:
"on forex at this bank on usdchf 4.02.10. spread widened by 154 pips, took 6k off the deposit, my complaint to the bank was answered \"THAT WAS MARKET MOTION\"
Shouldn't they have checked this before opening the order if the spread is floating?

Andrei01:
Couldn't this be checked before opening an order if the spread is floating?
I don't trade on Sunday night...(only at that time) on eu was spread 100pp. and usually at night it's a few more pips.

Andrei01:
Couldn't you check it before opening an order if spread is floating?

This usually happens from Friday to Monday. Most likely an order was placed in a quiet market on Friday and left for Monday, perhaps a weekend pending, and Monday opened with a gap. This does not always happen, but it does happen. It is recommended not to leave the orders for the weekend and not to get into the market on Monday morning.

Good luck.

A really profitable system is priceless, no one will sell it. If a trader gets bored with it, he will simply postpone it for another time, that's all.

VladislavVG:

This usually happens from Friday to Monday. Most likely an order was placed in a quiet market on Friday and left for Monday, perhaps a weekend pending, and Monday opened with a gap. This does not always happen, but it does happen. It is recommended not to leave orders for the weekend and not to enter the market on Monday morning.

If the order was already placed on Friday, then at closing you could check the spread, and if it was a pending order, why would you leave it on weekend?

Tantrik:
I don't trade on Sunday night...(only at that time) there was a 100pp spread on the eu, and usually more by a few pips at night.
Well, then why did you open with such a spread at all?

Andrei01:
So why even open at that spread?
And who was opening? - If you're asking about Varenghold - this was a discussion of the company on the forum.... (an example from there)

Andrei01:
If the order had already been placed since Friday, then at closing it might have been possible to check the spread.

The spread at closing was probably normal: 1-2 pips.

You can clearly see, if you look at the market opening dynamically: At first everything seems ok. Then, with acceleration, bids and offers start flying in different directions. At the same time, ALL orders that were triggered (both buy and sell) go negative. It is a strange picture when you are not used to it. :).

As for expediency: it wasn't my warrant. You should probably ask the person who made it. I also think that there is no need.

Good luck.

Tantrik:
Who opened? - if you are asking about Varengold - it was a discussion of the company on the forum....(example from there)
And the situation could you be more specific about what happened?

VladislavVG:

The closing spread was probably OK: 1-2 pips.

You can clearly see if you look at the market opening dynamically: At first everything seems OK. Then, with acceleration, bids and offers start flying in different directions. At the same time, ALL orders that were triggered (both buy and sell) go negative. It is a strange picture when you are not used to it. :).

I still do not understand how it is possible to lose with too big a spread. Well, the order got in deficit, but the price has not changed and it means that even SL will not work, if it was to lose on this. Seems like there is only one logical variant left - to open an order without checking spread at that moment or not to cancel it in time?
Reason: