What is the perspective in your opinion? - page 9

Mathemat:

I was once educated in microelectronics technology (I studied at the Moscow Institute of Electronic Technology in Zelenograd).

Tota I see a familiar face. I, too, graduated from that institution in '89. Which one were you in?

In '87, FH.

Mathemat:
In '87, FH.

FT

Swetten:

О!.. But we boldly assert that there is no past and no future.

I'm not asserting anything,

Sveta, you're talking very nice nonsense, please continue... ))

Mathemat ,

this is certainly not my field, but what you listed has nothing to do specifically with quantum mechanics,

The point is that there is classical, Newtonian mechanics that describes the interaction and motion of bodies in a macrocosm, it works fine and is confirmed experimentally, cities are built on this mechanics and ships are launched into space,

Then there is quantum mechanics, closely related to quantum theory, where microparticles behave very unpredictably and even mysteriously, where one cannot "see" anything experimentally and where the uncertainty principle is used in calculations - this is the obvious domain of theorists and mathematicians, as it is very difficult to extract practical use from chaos.

Laser, the atomic/hydrogen bomb, superconductors - of course, affect the properties of matter at the atomic level, and the laws found experimentally, but we are not talking about practical use of the laws of quantum mechanics, because from the point of view of our world, they are almost absurd.

Examples are the violation of the laws of conservation of matter, interaction of distant particles, corpuscular-wave structure, superposition ... string theory, finally.)

It's terribly interesting, but frustratingly vague. It reminds me of... ...the market?))

a good cartoon on a similar theme:

Cartoons are fine, but do you really think that in the case of a laser or a modern diode "we are not talking about the practical use of the laws of quantum mechanics" ?

denis_orlov:

Laser, atomic/hydrogen bomb, superconductors - of course affect the properties of matter at the atomic level, and the laws found experimentally, but we are not talking about the practical use of the laws of quantum mechanics, because from the point of view of our world they are almost absurd.

Examples are violation of the laws of conservation of matter, interaction of distant particles, corpuscular-wave structure, superposition ... string theory, finally.)

It's terribly interesting, but frustratingly vague. It reminds me of... ...the market...?)

Violation of conservation laws, long-range interaction, superposition - yes, these are all consequences of quantum-mechanical picture of the world. Yes, the laws of conservation, according to the corresponding uncertainties, are violated - but for very short periods of time. You won't notice them - at least not at the current stage of scientific development. However the quantum-mechanical picture allows to explain harmoniously and even to use the phenomena which are not explainable by classical one.

Denis, I do not understand how one can declare that the laser is not a practical use of the laws of quantum mechanics (it seems that it was Einstein who proposed the idea).

Well, here's another link, have a look: http://nuclphys.sinp.msu.ru/pm/pm01_12.htm

Note: there are even household appliances in there.

P.S. Even the basic and most interesting properties of semiconductors are normally explainable only within quantum mechanics. The tunneling effect, for example (practically used in tunneling diodes). The effect is obviously non-classical and contradicts the classical picture of the world - but they are really produced, these diodes, you can buy them :)

sol:
Cartoons are fine, but do you really think that in the case of a laser or a modern diode "we are not talking about a practical use of the laws of quantum mechanics" ?

obviously, only in a field where they do not contradict the laws of classical, or have constancy,

or we're just talking about different things.

By the way, in the case of the laser, this is roughly what happens - transformation of types of energy, classical laws at the quantum level...

That's enough kicking, I'm not arguing, I may be confused with definitions, let physicists sort it out - they have a collider...))

denis_orlov:

By the way, in the case of the laser, this is roughly what happens - transformation of types of energy, classical laws at the quantum level...

You can't explain laser radiation by classical physics, you can't explain it at all! I understand that you don't like it, but what can you do if the world is better explained?

All right, forget it. We don't need any more religious wars...

Reason: