Learning logic - page 7

Vinin:

If you think my posts are inappropriate, just tell me and I'll take care of it.

Vinin:

A bathtub is better than a toilet.

I'm not a frequent visitor here now, more on the fifth forum (as some say traitor),

But I sense next time I come here (in a week) everyone will be demanding to button their top button.

Vinin:

This is the design that prompted the branch.

The name of the veti can still be changed. Suggest a better one

I don't insist, )))

It's just code optimization is a rather useful and interesting subject and it seems to me that it reflects the subject more accurately,

I think it accurately reflects the subject matter of this branch, while logic is an applied tool here.

If we are talking about logic, then the relevant here are logic problems, logic bugs, building block diagrams and all that has to do with building algorithms.

In essence, logic is something that lies beyond emotions and intuition, while the latter two are based on assumptions, logic always has a clear proof. All that matters is to find it.

And this is especially important for a trader, because emotions - you know...

If we go further, then for a trader logic is directly dependent on probability, because it is logical to look for and wait for the most probable positions. But this is off top...))

well, here's a logical and probabilistic problem, for example,

no programming knowledge required!))

Let's say there is a wave pattern at, say, 4 o'clock -

1) Upward impulse and correction by approx. 50%.

At least we assume so at the moment, that it is an impulse and correction.

The question is which is more logical or more likely:

2) Buy when the top of the momentum is broken through with the expectation of a price move up by about the value of the momentum, if you count from the end of the correction.

or

3) Wait for the end of the second momentum and sell, waiting for the next correction?

What are your thoughts? Don't be shy).

P.S. the first question may arise, what was before the first impulse...)), well we will not consider the deep history yet, let's take as a condition a certain strong price drop - 1.1

denis_orlov: What will be the opinion?

Only option 2) The breakout of the high is obvious, the reversal in option 3) is problematic to identify. What is a reversal or correction? Is it a 2-3 pips pullback from the high or a 20-30 pips pullback or a 50 pips pullback?

Vinin:

I would like to propose another task.

But there is a small problem.

The question is how to solve the problem with minimal effort

period=8;method=2;
if ((posHigh-pos)*(posLow-pos)==0 && (iEnvelopes(NULL,0,period,method,0,PRICE_TYPICAL,deviation,MODE_UPPER,pos)<Close[pos] ||
iEnvelopes(NULL,0,period, method,0,PRICE_TYPICAL,deviation,MODE_LOWER,pos)>=Close[pos])

SetIndexLabel(0, "");
//----

switch(Period())
{
case 1: deviation=0.1; break;
case 5: deviation=0.2; break;
case 15: deviation=0.25; break;
case 30: deviation=0.25; break;
case 60: deviation=0.25; break;
case 240: deviation=0.25; break;
case 1440: deviation=0.25; break;
case 10080: deviation=0.25; break;
case 43200: deviation=0.25; break;
}

What if we put periods in one constant array and deviations in another? Then you wouldn't need a case either.

nikost:

period=8;method=2;
if ((posHigh-pos)*(posLow-pos)==0 && (iEnvelopes(NULL,0,period,method,0,PRICE_TYPICAL,deviation,MODE_UPPER,pos)<Close[pos] ||
iEnvelopes(NULL,0,period, method,0,PRICE_TYPICAL,deviation,MODE_LOWER,pos)>=Close[pos])

SetIndexLabel(0, "");
//----

switch(Period())
{
case 1: deviation=0.1; break;
case 5: deviation=0.2; break;
case 15: deviation=0.25; break;
case 30: deviation=0.25; break;
case 60: deviation=0.25; break;
case 240: deviation=0.25; break;
case 1440: deviation=0.25; break;
case 10080: deviation=0.25; break;
case 43200: deviation=0.25; break;
}

This is a completely different way of shaping the ZZ, I have similar ones. They work well.

Pardon the off-topic: drknn, does logic help you in taming the Fora?

Mathemat:
What if we put periods in one constant array and deviations in another? Then you wouldn't need a case either.

If I had known that, of course I would have used it.