EURUSD - Trends, Forecasts and Implications (Part 2) - page 768

VladislavVG:

Only a psychological (auxiliary tool).

Claim to know how to use a calculator and know arithmetic .... No more.....

Good luck.

Vladislav, I am not in any way arguing, I just want to try to make sense of the locking method based on my own experience and knowledge ... I understand your example with the deposit, opening and closing of the order, which led to a decrease in balance and equity, I had tried lots of different lock variants both in demo and for real, naturally, besides technical aspects, conclusions were also made about psychology ...
What all the same gives me the lock, the first and most important is not to take a fixed loss, and this is based not on the banal hope to open it in the future and try my luck again, but on the careful calculation of price levels, which actually gives me the right to disagree with the fact that I opened too early, So in the future when the price reaches predefined levels I open it and get back to the risk zone, but with much higher probability in my favor, I won't argue, the risk is doubled and I will eventually be winning... Again I will give you a concrete example, I suggested to sell from 4050, put the lock at 4100, the next settlement level was at 4270, and the current picture is very eloquent, it shows that I really calculated everything correctly and had a full moral right not to take a loss of 50 points, but still have a good profit...
I do not preach trading without losses, but at the same time I consider it absolutely stupid to take a loss in a case where I am 90% sure of the correctness of the situation, do such trading decisions can not have a reasonable basis?
P.S. it has become fashionable to write a lot lately)

barfly13:

Vladislav, I am not in any way arguing, I just want to try to explain the meaning of the locking method based on my own experience and knowledge... I completely understand your deposit example, opening and closing of the order resulted in a decrease of balance and equity, I had tried lots of different lock variants both in demo and for real, naturally, besides technical aspects, conclusions were made about psychology ...
What all the same gives me the lock, the first and most important is not to take a fixed loss, and this is based not on the banal hope to open it in the future and try my luck again, but on the careful calculation of price levels, which actually gives me the right to disagree with the fact that I opened too early, So in the future when the price reaches the designated levels I open it and get back to the risk zone, but with a much higher probability in my favor, I won't argue, the risk is doubled and I will eventually be winning... Again I will give you a concrete example, I suggested to sell from 4050, put the lock at 4100, the next settlement level was at 4270, and the current picture is very eloquent, it shows that I really calculated everything correctly and had a full moral right not to take a loss of 50 points, but still have a good profit...
I do not preach trading without losses, but at the same time I consider it absolutely stupid to take a loss in a case where I am 90% sure of the correctness of the situation, do such trading decisions can not have a reasonable basis?
P.S. it has become fashionable to write a lot lately)

In your example you will get the same result for closing all positions whether you use lots or normal order closing. Therefore, the statement that a tray gives additional benefits, apart from psychological comfort, is incorrect.

Otherwise, of course, you can trade as you please and as you feel more comfortable. This is what I was writing about.

All this has been compared and recalculated hundreds of times. We have always encountered the same thing:

1. unwillingness to see a loss in the balance - this is essential if you need to mess with investor's head, but the trading results are not affected.

2. Inability to use a calculator + ignorance of arithmetic that does not allow to adequately compare results.

And it turns out that, if we ignore psychological comfort, the result is the same. And the assertion that there is an additional benefit to loco, other than psychological comfort, is incorrect.

If in doubt - try to do the math yourself, you can find everything in the relevant branches .....

Good luck ....

For example, if you have a position that is already locked and held for more than one day, in many cases, you also pay the spread. So it turns out that closing positions by the size of this spread is more profitable. If the spread is not paid, then there is no difference.

Zet:

I have seen your nice, correct, competent, no questions arise, everything is clear, but with all due respect to you, this is your opinion, by the way, you are not alone in your views, many analysts on various sites are as strict and categorical, they say so and that's it, no options. Others have alternatives and use different techniques of technical analysis.

My view on the Forex market is different from yours, and it cannot be changed. It so happens that I am surrounded by people for whom the Fundamental Analysis is primary and the Technical Analysis is secondary. About this situation, I can say that if the conditions were created for investors, they would go in a bullish direction, smearing all the channels, breaking all the shoulders, etc. and many analysts would have said, [II] or [B] wave ended and [III] or [C] began, but what happened is that conditions were not created for big money in the Eurozone, i.e. we will most likely soon be moving in a bearish pattern, completing the rest of the second wave, HOW YOU SAYED RANGE....))))))))

But seriously, many analysts believe that the euro is now at 1.20$ (this price is the pivot), the rate will go up and down, under the pressure of speculation......))))))) That's it. The economical and political situation in the country will change, the real currency pair value will change, and, as a consequence, the financial rates will move speculatively up and down, but always returning to its real CENTRAL PRICE (the guys are having fun).

I believe that the real price of the Euro is now no more than 1.25, which is why I say it is safer to sell than to buy now.

VladislavVG:

In your example you will get the same result for closing all positions whether you use lots or normal order closing. Therefore, the statement that a tray provides additional benefits, other than psychological comfort, is incorrect.

Otherwise, of course, you can trade as you please and as you feel more comfortable. This is what I was writing about.

All this has been compared and recalculated hundreds of times. We have always encountered the same thing:

1. unwillingness to see a loss in the balance - this is essential if you need to mess with investor's head, but the trading results are not affected.

2. Inability to use a calculator + ignorance of arithmetic that does not allow to adequately compare results.

So it turns out that, if we ignore psychological comfort, the result is the same. And the assertion that there is an additional benefit to loco, other than psychological comfort, is incorrect.

If in doubt - try to do the math yourself, you can find everything in the relevant branches .....

Good luck ....

For example, if you have a position that is already locked and held for more than one day, in many cases, you also pay the spread. So it turns out that closing positions by the size of this spread is more profitable. If no spread is paid, there is no difference.

Vladislav, I think we are talking about different things. I could have closed all my irers last week and come out near zero, but as barfly13 says, why should I do that if I know that the euro will not go far up and my sells will still bring me profit, so what is the point of closing them now and then opening new ones? You talk about equity, but the point is that I did not start this to close everything in deficit or just now request a withdrawal. As for psychological comfort, so I am not an American or a European who if stressed can't drive, can't get a spoon in their mouth and ass on the toilet, I had more than one year in my life where stress was present almost every day and I got used to it and got it down.

strangerr:

Vladislav, I think we are talking about different things. I could have closed all my irder last week and come out near zero, but as barfly13 says, why should I do that, if I know that euro will not go far up and my sells will bring me profit anyway, so what is the point of closing them now and opening new ones later? You talk about equity, but the point is that I did not start this to close everything in deficit or just now request a withdrawal. As for psychological comfort, so I am not an American or a European who if stressed can't drive, can't get a spoon in their mouth and ass on the toilet, I had more than one year in my life where stress was present almost every day and I got used to it and got it down.

Once again, I'm not urging you not to use the lock - trade as you see fit. I'm simply stating that lock does not provide any additional advantage other than psychological comfort. And the opposite is not true. In principle, this does not even require proof - there is a concept of balance, but not the one that is reflected in the column: in this case it is an arithmetic concept, expressed by the term "equation of balance". Since trading is a numbers game, the total is primary.

For those who don't understand - you can recalculate on a net basis any example.

By the way, your assertion that MT5 is made to drain traders precisely because there are no locks, only net is untrue and precisely because there is no difference.

Good luck.

By the way, in JFOREX (Ducky's, for example) both methods of accounting are implemented: you can watch both - the result is not affected ..... ;) .....

VladislavVG:

For those who don't understand, any example can be recalculated on net.

Let's calculate two strategies on the same account with lots (i.e. it is possible to open multidirectional positions) and the same on netting?

Swetten:

Let's calculate two strategies on the same account with lots (i.e. it is possible to open multidirectional positions) and the same on netting?

Svetlana, no problem, I have done it more than once. If you are too lazy to go to the appropriate branch - I can do it here.

The condition - you personally publicly admit your wrongdoing and swear not to use locks in the future. I can soften the condition: you recalculate right here by yourself. If anything, I'll show you where you're wrong and then trade as you see fit.

Ok ?

VladislavVG:

Svetlana, it's no problem, I've done it more than once. If you are too lazy to go to the appropriate thread, I can do it here.

The condition is that you personally publicly acknowledge your wrongdoing and swear not to use loci in the future. I can soften the condition: you recalculate right here by yourself. If anything, I'll show you where you're wrong and then trade as you see fit.

Deal?

Deal. Where do we start? With a summary of the previous series (links, references)?

Or do you want to get to work?

Swetten:

It's coming. Where do we start? With a summary of previous episodes (links, references)?

Or should we get to work?

Yes, as you like - just in case, I can dig for a link and you can draw up the deals...Will you do the math yourself ?
Reason: