The interaction of markets. - page 5

rid писал(а) >>

It's all clear with you. Typical clinical case of complete cretinism (I'm telling you this as someone who works part-time at a medical university, so - diagnosis accurate!).

No one is coming here on purpose to prove something to a complete moron! There's no point. It's an incurable case. And there's nothing else in your argument other than "you're a fool"...

Except... I took a look at your profile and scrolled through your posts. Even though there aren't many, it's already clear why you come here.

The vast majority of your posts on this forum are blatant, brazen, blatant boorishness to visitors. Even to those who kindly respond to your technical questions in the threads you open, you respond with insults and boorishness. For absolutely no reason at all. This is called "trolling" (-see on the search)

In the future, do not respond to my posts on the forum, as I am not interested in your opinion. And stay away from me for your own good.

"Part-time Employee" .... I see.

Poorly read - in most cases I have always put money on the line, ready and now to prove what you and your mate are doing has nothing to do with pair trading.

Here I'm just waiting for MT5 to finally come out :)

The threat from you, uh... how do you say, part-time, ignorant, ego-impaired man with a viral account?

It's as viral as your demo account. It's nothing.

So there are correlations, what's the point? How does that help the prediction?

Risk >>:

"Работающий на полставки" .... ну понятно.

Плохо читали - в большинстве случаев я всегда ставил на кон деньги.....

For the most part no one has seen anything else from you, dearie, other than empty bravado and moronic insults to your interlocutors on this forum. What kind of proof is that! You don't see the obvious and this thread has once again demonstrated that.

Your appearance in any thread (as in this one on page 2) starts with rudeness and after 2-3 of your posts you will no longer be responded to or noticed. Your opinion has long been of no interest to anyone.

You understand this very well and that is where your rudeness comes from. I open the first page from your profile and see your posts:

Risk 22.01.2010 10:39
It's your tester that has something substantial there, but in practice it's called arbitration. So stop talking nonsense.

Risk 22.01.2010 10:51
You traded there ?

Risk 22.01.2010 10:59
Aren't you the sucker who bet me $5000 .... ? ?

//-----------------------------------

etc. Those are your arguments. There is no other...

So, settle down and don't make people laugh. The topic is called Market Interaction, not "rudeness from Risk" at all.

voidpiligrim писал(а) >>
So there are correlations, what's the use? How does that help the prediction?

Very simply, since correlation is a consequence and not a cause, one can make the assumption (the probability of the assumption can be linked to the correlation value) that if one of the two assets has started to move, then the other will follow as well.

Risk, this is deceptive. Correlation, just like a normal waving, lags, so even if you currently have a 99% correlation between 2 instruments, it does not mean that the instruments will go the same way. Besides, you still cannot predict exactly where one of the instruments will go.

rid писал(а) >>

For the most part no one has seen anything else from you, dearie, other than empty bravado and moronic insults to your interlocutors on this forum. What kind of proof is that! You don't see the obvious and this thread has once again demonstrated that.

Your appearance in any thread (as in this one on page 2) starts with rudeness and after 2-3 of your posts you will no longer be responded to or noticed. Your opinion has long been of no interest to anyone.

You understand this very well and that is where your rudeness comes from. I open the first page from your profile and see your posts:

Risk 22.01.2010 10:39
It's in your tester there is something substantial, while in practice it is called arbitrage. So stop talking nonsense.

Risk 22.01.2010 10:51
You traded there ?

Risk 22.01.2010 10:59
Aren't you the sucker who bet me $5000 .... ? ?

//-----------------------------------

etc. Those are your arguments. That's the only one...

So, settle down and don't make people laugh. The topic is called Market Interaction, not "rudeness from Risk" at all.

Hmm, and that's all you found ???? ;) isn't your search working? ;)

There were such pearls there and you found some bullshit :), you just put it in context ... ok ? ;)

voidpiligrim писал(а) >>
Risk, it's deceptive. Correlation, as well as the usual waving, lags, so even if you have a 99% correlation between 2 instruments at the moment, it does not mean that the instruments will go the same way further. Besides, you still cannot predict exactly where any of the instruments will go.

Do you know what correlation is?

Do you know the difference between "I can make an assumption" and "I assert"?

I don't care where the instrument goes, because I know where the other one goes after it.

voidpiligrim писал(а) >>
So there are correlations, what's the use? How does that help the prediction?

So if two instruments for some fundamental reasons go together, for example, one can identify a trend more accurately. Or do you think it is possible to trade on one chart without looking at other ones? I have thought about it, but have not decided yet. But I believe that the more markets are considered, the better is the situation in general.

Risk писал(а) >>

Very simply, since correlation is a consequence and not a cause, we can make the assumption (the probability of the assumption can be linked to the correlation value) that if one of the two assets has started to move, the other will follow as well.

Yes for example like this. If they move with a lag. If they move together, it is possible to judge about the strength of the current trend. Probably, something else may be deduced from it. That is why it would be good to know as many of such instruments as possible.

voidpiligrim писал(а) >>
Risk, this is deceptive. Correlation, just like a normal waving, lags, so even if you currently have a 99% correlation between 2 instruments, it does not mean that the instruments will go the same way in the future. Besides, you still cannot predict exactly where one of the instruments will go.

We do not need them to always go together, we need to know that there is some fundamental connection between the assets and to base our decisions on that.
Reason: