Questions and Answers to Programmers on MQL 4 - page 2

alex12, let's say that I put the indicator in the public domain and I'm not asking a penny for it, like, here is the indicator, here is its source code - do what you want with it. Now answer my question: may anyone use the indicator for commercial purposes?

If the code says something simple like "12345", you don't have to ask, there is no copyright.

If something complex and meaningful is a result of intellectual activity, you don't have to ask either, the author published it himself and did not impose any restrictions on its use. You can use it even to the detriment of the author :)

drknn писал(а) >>
I have made it available for public use and I'm not asking a penny for it. Now answer my question: may anyone use it for commercial purposes?

Yes, you allowed to do anything with it - by posting the source code.

For what purpose, then, can this skimmer be used - other than in the EA to make money for itself.

Why ... to put it out there, the sourcebook?

gip писал(а) >>

If the code says something simple like "12345", you don't have to ask, there is no copyright.

If something complex and meaningful is a result of intellectual activity, you don't have to ask either, the author published it himself and did not impose any restrictions on its use. You can use it even to harm the author :)

How can this author know that I'm trading my EA based on his indicator?

And if he finds out he has no right to fine - one shouldn't throw out the source code to the public if it is a question of it.

It's really a question of the type of open source licence. In short, don't bother - use it. // I don't even sign my codes.

If you read someone's poetry aloud and charge money to listen to it, you have to charge the author. That's one type of license.

And I seriously doubt MK paid anything to Appel, Lane, both Williams etc when they made and posted their codes based on their algorithms. And that's the right thing to do. So there is a different type of license here.

Dear experienced programmers, advise
1. Situation:
In the chart window, the Expert Advisor creates graph objects with unique names, in the main sub-window, not in the indicator.
Then it deletes objects by ObjectDelete(), (in the reverse loop, by the exact name, everything is OK here). Usually everything is OK - objects are removed. But sometimes it happens that an object which seems to be deleted remains in the chart.
"Sort of deleted" means that it's not in the list of objects (right-click), but it's still there on the screen.
Hovering the cursor, its legal name pops up, but it's not in the list of objects...
What may be the reason? Terminal glitch or what? How to avoid it?

2. Also, sometimes error
4058 - Global Variable Not Found -pops up , although all my GV variables
(about 45 pcs.) were created long ago, I don't delete any of them, add new ones, pauses in accessing them not more than 3 days.

Anyway, I don't know what to do with it.

Who knows how to write code on fractals. I.e. to compare fractal up (bottom) and pre-fractal up (bottom) Thank you for your help

Svinozavr писал(а) >>

It's really a question of the type of license for open source codes. In short, don't bother - use it. // I don't even sign my codes.

If you read someone's poetry aloud and charge money to listen to it, you have to charge the author. That's one type of license.

And I seriously doubt MK paid anything to Appel, Lane, both Williams etc when they made and posted their codes based on their algorithms. And that's the right thing to do. So there's a different type of licence here.

Very interesting answer.Thank you.

drknn >>:
alex12, скажем так - я выложил индикатор в общий доступ и не прошу за него ни копейки, мол, вот вам индикатор, вот его исходный код - делайте с ним что хотите. А теперь ответьте мне на вопрос, может ли любой желающий использовать мой индикатор в своих коммерческих целях?
Well, the heirs of Cyril and Methodius do not charge a bribe for the use of scripture :o), but under Western law they can.

slavamir писал(а) >>

Dear experienced programmers, advise
1.The situation:
In the chart window, the Expert Advisor creates graph objects with unique names, in the main subwindow, not in the indicator.
Then, in the process of work it deletes the ObjectDelete(), (in the reverse loop, for the exact name, everything is OK here). Usually everything goes well - objects are removed. But! Sometimes a seemingly deleted object remains on the chart.
"Seemingly deleted" means it is not in the list of objects (right-click) but remains on the screen.
Hovering the cursor, its legal name pops up, but it is not in the list of objects...
What can be the reason? Terminal glitch or what? How to avoid it?

2. Also, sometimes error
4058 - Global Variable is not detected, although all my GV variables
(about 45 ones) created long ago, I don't delete any of them and add new ones, I don't access them for more than 3 days.

So, I don't know what to do with it.

May be there is a virus in your OS. Try to delete MT4 completely and then delete MT4 folder manually in Progamm Files.

Completely check your OS for viruses.

Optimize and Defragment your OS and again after Reboot your computer - install MT4.

Reason: