MT5 tester available!!!! - page 2

Renat писал(а) >>

Now testing is always on ticks.

Isn't the "opening price" model also planned? It was very useful in some cases in MT4 tester.
The speed increased by an order of magnitude. I just can't believe that of the three models in TM4 only "all ticks" will remain in MT5.

I don't know -- tickwise EAs test very quickly.

HIDDEN >>:

Как то мне всегда думалось, что мультивалютный тестер должен иметь функцию выбора валют на которорых делаем тестирование, а не програмным методом добиваться этого.

What is the problem?

You may use any data, trade as you want and do not think about any settings. Everything has already been thought out for you - the tester will raise, download, cache, model and use it during the first access to a new symbol.

The trader and the developer don't need to make any special software efforts for preliminary loading - everything works transparently. As it should.

From the first glance at the tester, I'll wait for the MACD Sample optimisation by Monday, since everything is going fine.

Let's deal with speed step by step. This is still a beta version and we are working on getting rid of bottlenecks.

The better and more detailed we made the strategy tester, the more CPU resources it started to consume. Simulation of tens of millions of bars is not free.

The new tester makes it possible to efficiently and almost unlimitedly scale calculations using all local CPU cores and apply external calculation farms:

We will try to revolutionize financial calculations by offering really easy and simple cloud computing via a special service at MQL5.community.

By the way, using the "Custom max" optimization mode with disabled dates and genetics allows you to quickly perform mathematical investigations that are absolutely detached from trading. For example, you can run a giant math problem on a distributed cluster. That is, you do not need to build wild supercomputers, but can run a program in MQL5 on hundreds and thousands of agents to quickly check/calculate your problem.

HIDDEN >>:
И еще вопрос, во время оптимизации терминал или тестер все время что-то качает. Уже 10 метров скачал, а чего непонятно, архив с котирами должен же был обновится до момента запуска тестера, да и котиры сейчас не поступают, чего же он качает то?

The tester itself communicates with the trading terminal and requests the necessary history.

The downloaded history is cached both on the terminal itself and on tester-agents, which subsequently gives serious acceleration of calculations. All actions are recorded in the logs of the terminal and tester-agents, just look through them to understand what is happening.

beginner >>:
А где включить визуализацию или еще не реализована?

We will include the visualisation later, after the release on 1 June 2010.

TheXpert >>:
Ну не знаю -- побаровые советники по тикам тестятся очень даже шустро.

Yes, if Expert Advisor immediately cuts off calls at tick_volume>1, then everything works very fast during tick testing as well.

But we must remember that indicators in the background will still be counted.

goldtrader >>:

А модель "по ценам открытия" и не планируется? Она очень полезна была в ряде случаев в МТ4 тестере.
Скорость возрастала на порядок. Просто не верится что из трёх моделей в ТМ4 останутся лишь "все тики" в МТ5.

Still under discussion.

Can someone tell me which format to use when connecting to an agent.
If the agent is my second computer and I have already started Agent Manager there...
I write IP:port - the result is No connection

Renat >>:

Пока в процессе обсуждения.

In my experience, if a tested trading idea (a strategy longer than M15) does not give profits in "at open prices" mode using pending orders,

no amount of tick-modeling and cloud calculations will significantly improve its quality. That is why the tickwise modelling of new trading ideas is a waste of time and computer resources. Over-optimization of proven and already working ideas is another matter.

So "at opening prices" mode is a MUST.

TorBar >>:

По моему опыту, если проверяемая торговая идея (стратегия длиннее М15 ) не дает прибыли в режиме "по ценам открытия" с использованием отложенных ордеров,

то никакое потиковое моделирование и облачные вычисления не улучшит существенно её качество. Поэтому по тиковое моделирование новых торговых идей - выброшенное время и компьютерные ресурсы. Насчет переоптимизации проверенных и уже работающих - другое дело.

Так что режим "по ценам открытия" - НУЖЕН.

Should be supported.

If the strategy is not pips based, it will be.
In any case it is possible to optimise in the beginning.
And in the vicinity of interesting combinations - to refine.
Reason: