Is the advisor suitable for real life? - page 18

tara:

Just put it away, or shall we discuss it?
This is my opinion based on practical observation) give me your opinion.

FOReignEXchange:

Can you elaborate on what you mean by that? I typed in a forum search - nothing seems to fit. What do I need to learn?

The "Grail on pseudoticks" topic is fairly deeply researched and holds a place of honour in the local Kunstkammer.

One exuberant researcher even challenged the title of "most accurate" assigned to the "all tics" method. For which he was flogged.

PapaYozh:

The Grail on Pseudoticks topic is quite deeply researched and holds a place of honour in the local Kunstkammer.

One exuberant researcher even challenged the title of "most accurate" assigned to the "all tics" method. For which he was flogged.

I think we can do without ticks at all and use pendants to make an accurate entry. Stop and profit is larger than the minimum. I think they will not let me set pendants often, I know - they will say that the server is overloaded. But I think there is a solution. I have made a test with MM, but looking at it I have a thought: "Can I at least get some normal profit out of it on the real account?

FOReignEXchange:

I think we can do without ticks at all and use pendants to make an accurate entry. The stop and profit is higher than the minimum. I think they will not let me set pendants often, I know - they will say that the server is overloaded. But I think there is a solution. I have made a test with MM, but looking at it I have a thought: "Can I at least get some normal profit out of it on the real account?

Do a test on the M1 opening prices. If the balance curve does not change much, then the EA has potential.

It would also be desirable to see a test with a fixed lot

PapaYozh:

Do a test on the M1 opening prices. If the balance curve does not change much, then the EA has potential.

Yes, I already did yesterday on the openings. Everything works. Now I just figured out how to get the idea right. The trades are not getting much smaller. The drawdown and profit are almost the same. I think I have found a way to make my opening coincide with the accuracy of a pip and the signal quality would not suffer.

Dserg:
It would also be desirable to see a test with a fixed lot

If you mean this test, it is on page 12 with a fixed lot.

FOReignEXchange:

I think we can dispense with ticks and use pendants to ensure accurate entering. Stop and profit values are larger than the minimum ones. I know, they will say the server is overloaded. But I think there is a solution. I have made a test with MM, but looking at it I have a thought: "Can I at least get some normal profit out of it on the real account?

If this is a test for the same period (last month as far as I remember), it would still be better to run it for a longer period, for example from 2008.

Obviously, there will be an astronomical number of deals, but still. In order to exclude the probability of a simple fitting.

OnGoing:

If this is a test for the same period (last month as far as I remember), it would still be better to run it for a longer period, for example from 2008.

Obviously, there will be an astronomical number of deals, but still. In order to avoid the probability of a simple adjustment.

This test is from May 17 of this year. I already did it for 2010 on M15. There are drawdowns there. The market is volatile. Expert Advisors should be optimized every six months at least. I have already mentioned that.

Look at the Pound/JPY. What happened to it? In 2008, as you say, the GBP/JPY was the most volatile pair. At the time, for it to go 300 pips in a couple of hours was no surprise. And what about now? Now it makes 100 pips within a day.

Exactly the opposite is true for the euro. At the time, it was not as volatile as the Pound, but now it is one of the most volatile, if not the most volatile. The Euro is now more volatile than the Pound.

The same is true for the Franc. The franc has also changed.

That is why any Expert Advisor must be optimized regularly. On the other hand, strategies do not stop working instantly. When the Expert Advisor stops bringing profit and starts to trade with small profit or in buoys, it is time to optimise it for the new conditions.

I don't know if the system needs optimisation, from the beginning to be honest, I personally don't have much confidence in it. It's been tested.
Reason: