Avalanche - page 414

sever30:

you need a guarantee of "non-slip".
Plant, factory, firm, and home to your wife with your paycheck...

Tantrik:
Plant, factory, firm and home to my wife with my paycheck...

Well done, but I couldn't do that...

sever30:

Well done, but I couldn't do that...
So it's a gift from me to you! (and I have several ts(3) ... ...like this... ...while it's still being tested... and have a limit on the minimum depo)

I'll put in my five cents again. So as not to be unsubstantiated, I wrote and tested the Avalanche EA.

1) The Expert Advisor was written in the netting version - it is obvious that it does not matter from the point of view of Avalanche whether we hold a lot of lots or immediately close the losing part when reversing.

2) Tested on EURUSD in 2 years on minutes.

3) To make the process "physical", I took more or less adequate initial deposit and initial lot. Hardly anyone would invest $10M to work 0.01 lot in an avalanche. For example, let's take an initial deposit of about 1M rubles ($30,000) and an initial lot of 0.1. The difference between orders is 400p (the price is respectively in the middle), tp=200p.

We had errors from the very beginning, before 100 trades passed and we have exhausted a margin and had a local sinking. As you see at the end.

For 600/300 points the image is better:

I.e. almost 100% APR. But at rollover the lot should always be tripled (I haven't read the whole thread, maybe somebody calculated it). Thus, it turns out:

1. Lot=0.1

2. Lot=0.3

3. Lot=0.9

4. Lot=2.7

5. Lot=8.1

6. Lot=24.3 (!)

7. Lot=72.9 (!!!)

... ...you don't have to count any more. The risks are inadequately high, and it's in the tester.

Let's consider the real. Avalanche implies continuous work. But there are news - where, for example,

a) a stop may be executed with a slippage;

b) stops tend to widen;

c) some brokers do not allow to place differently directed stop orders with take profits on the news at all.

Not to mention nighttime flies, and decline of activity at the end of sessions. On the first chart, by the way, a luxurious plummet occurred just during the "thin market", in the evening.

Conclusion: The avalanche is a logical and understandable concept, and even beautiful to some extent :) But it is just a trader's abstraction, not applicable to real work.

Diamant:

. . .

always ♪ ♪ always

. . .

4. Lot=2.7

5. Lot=8.1

6. Lot=24.3 (!)

7. Lot=72.9 (!!!)

... you can go on ...

And you should try decreasing it further (lowering the growth step). You can use a point from a sever30.5 statistic plot as the basis for the "further" point.

SergNF:

And you should try decreasing it further (decreasing the growth step). You can use a point from a sever30.5 statistic plot as the basis for the "further" point.

What kind of graph is that? I could not find it O_o

Diamant:

I'll put in my five cents again. So as not to be unsubstantiated, I wrote and tested the Avalanche EA.

1) The Expert Advisor was written in the netting version - it is obvious that it does not matter from the point of view of Avalanche whether we hold a lot of lots or immediately close the losing part during a reverse move.

2) Tested on EURUSD for 2 years on minutes.

3) To make the process "physical", I took more or less adequate initial deposit and initial lot. Hardly anyone would invest $10M to work 0.01 lot in an avalanche. For example, let's take an initial deposit of about 1M rubles ($30,000) and an initial lot of 0.1. The difference between orders is 400p (the price is respectively in the middle), tp=200p.

We had errors from the very beginning, before 100 trades passed and we have exhausted a margin and had a local sinking. As you see at the end.

For 600/300 points the image is better:

I.e. almost 100% APR. But at rollover the lot should always be tripled (I haven't read the whole thread, maybe somebody calculated it). Thus, it turns out:

1. Lot=0.1

2. Lot=0.3

3. Lot=0.9

4. Lot=2.7

5. Lot=8.1

6. Lot=24.3 (!)

7. Lot=72.9 (!!!)

... ...you don't have to count any more. The risks are inadequately high, and it's in the tester.

Let's consider the real. Avalanche implies continuous work. But there are news - where, for example,

a) a stop may be executed with a slippage;

b) stops tend to widen;

c) some brokers do not allow to place differently directed stop orders with take profits on the news at all.

Not to mention nighttime flies, and decline of activity at the end of sessions. On the first chart, by the way, the magnificent loss happened precisely during the "thin market", in the evening.

Conclusion: Avalanche is a logical and clear concept, it is even beautiful to some extent :) But it is just a trader's abstraction that is not applicable to real work.

What variant was used for writing the Expert Advisor? There are many possible variants, so it is impossible to draw general conclusions by any single variant. There is a classical variant described in the first post. But further we will consider other variants. Using TA for market entry, using dynamic channels and so on. For example, the last variant has the following picture:

khorosh:
And what variant was used for writing the advisor? There are a lot of possible variants, so we cannot draw general conclusions by any single variant. There is a classical variant described in the first post. But further we will consider other variants. Using TA for market entry, using dynamic channels and so on.

Nah... it's a pure avalanche, without any attempt to improve the entry. Only a bunch of locked orders replaced by netting.

In general, all attempts to improve Avalanche, IMHO, resemble sanding with sandpaper of mountain pine :) I.e. don't beat it, but nothing will change in the basis.

PS. in addition, pay attention to points a, b, c )) They will really get in the way of real work.

PPS. What is your testing period?

Diamant:
What kind of graph is that? I couldn't find it O_o

With so much shitting going on, it's not surprising.

In one of the posts from one of the Nordic countries there was a similar "tableau"

1 536925 49.07
2 284220 25.97
3 141885 12.97
4 71414 6.53
5 31190 2.85
6 15666 1.43
7 7978 0.73
8 2820 0.26
9 1415 0.13
10 530 0.05
11 268 0.02
12 115 0.01

the number of returns ... I don't know what he meant and how he obtained this data, but this "something" is very similar to the breakdown frequency of a certain (again, which channel and how the breakdown was calculated is unknown) channel after this or that number of knees.

Reason: