Trend of interesting thoughts - page 23

Here are, say, the test results (so far by hand) on the Eurobucks for November 2009.

I don't claim to be a grail, but this month specifically - not bad!

The result - in pips (real, 4-digit)

Mathemat >>:

Стоплось нужно ставить таким, чтобы при этом он срабатывал не слишком часто (не мешал прибыльности системы). Но он также должен отсекать большие бумажные просадки, буде такие случатся.

Но ставить его нужно всегда, это важнейшее защитное правило системы, в которой нет локов.

Вы его не поставили. Значит, не смогли подобрать его разумный размер.

This branch of reasoning is not the only possible one. How do you know that the logic didn't go along these lines: stops aren't placed because their role is performed by appropriate reversals, which occur when price has gone down the previous scenario, rejecting the current one? This line of reasoning also has a point, but it screws up your conclusions about the "scary risk of meeting a black swan" :) I wonder how you are trying to make money in the market if your thinking is so "crooked"?

Avals >>:

да религия тут не причем. Тренд и флет, а так же их окончание можно определить по вспышке активности гениев соответсвующего подвида :)

And who do you want to be: the one who always trades silently and earns, the one who earns only on "trends" (as you understand it), and hangs out on forums during the flat, or the one who earns on the flat and hangs out on forums during trends? It's a question of a change of religion :)

Magnatis писал(а) >>

And who do you want to be: the one who always trades silently and earns, the one who earns only on "trends" (as you understand it), and hangs out on forums during the flat, or the one who earns on the flat and hangs out on forums during trends? It's a question of changing religion :)

the key word is "silently" ;)

and dont try to lure me to some religion :)

стопы не ставятся, потому что их роль выполняют соответствующие развороты, которые случаются тогда, когда цена пошла по предыдущему сценарию, отвергнув текущий

I'm getting tired of talking about almost nothing, Magnatis. Do a practice thread or post your results here. Then your words will have at least something to back them up, and maybe the thread will finally live up to its name.

I've already talked about reversals. As such, a reversal cannot be a stop, because at the time of opening the position it is not a fait accompli: it is only a signal of your TS for a reversal, not the reversal itself. I hope you understand the difference. The signal may be wrong.

Sorry, disappeared for a long time, read it all and laughed:)

I'll ask everyone except Magnatis once again : Do you have profitable systems that work fully autonomously?

Let's not shit on each other, which is how I see "show me the tests". Are you asking for tests? Who is a programmer? Answer me if you don't mind? And let's talk script language, and fuck all methods and predictions, just talk about automation. And how the normal automation that works in the real time does not show proper results in the trader's tester.

I checked it! I raced for a week, and then I put this week into history and what do you think I got? The same result? Who wrote and tried to test it may understand.

I do not give up the secret because I think that if you want something, why do not you do it?

Mathemat >>:

Мне уже надоело говорить почти ни о чем, Magnatis. Делайте ветку с практикой. Тогда Ваши слова будут хоть чем-то подтверждены.

О разворотах я уже говорил. Разворот как таковой не может быть стопом, т.к. в момент открытия позы он не является свершившимся фактом: это всего лишь сигнал Вашей ТС на разворот, а не сам разворот. Разницу, надеюсь, улавливаете?

No, I don't need to explain how I don't have huge drawdowns. But you haven't explained why you're trying to label it that way. And you can't - you are used to the fact that where there are no stops, there are drawdowns. This is your personal inertia of thought :).

I understand exactly where you're going with this. But it's again an illustration of inertia (yours): in today's reality, it's not that hard to ensure a reliable robot presence online. Even if not, you could easily put extra regular stops in each position in case of "beggar's issues". The profitability would not change in any way - the stops would never get triggered.

You don't need to tell me how "I have". If you have an interest, ask questions. If you claim to know more about it than I do, be my guest and explain your point of view in detail.

Mathemat >>:

Мне уже надоело говорить почти ни о чем, Magnatis.

I too am tired of hearing your "almost nothing" ;)

voleg2 писал(а) >>

I'll ask everyone except Magnatis once again : Do you have profitable systems that work fully autonomously?

Let's not shit on each other, which is how I see "show me the tests". Are you asking for tests? Who is a programmer? Answer me if you don't mind? And let's talk script language, and fuck all methods and predictions, just talk about automation. And how the normal automation that works in the real time does not show proper results in the trader's tester.

I checked it! I raced for a week, and then I put this week into history and what do you think I got? The same result? Who wrote and tried to test it may understand.

And why do not I reveal the secret because I really think that if you want something, why do not do?

"Show me the test" - that's a shame?! Talking about something you can't demonstrate (at least in the test) is a divorce, a listener. Almost like a cult. Aun Senrike, you walk across the stage and hypnotize the audience with your tales of paradise. I have a profitable TS, which is in the process of refining and debugging, and it's not difficult for me to show the run on the history, yes, you can show the result on the history, not to mention the "feature" of your TS. And so I have, I can demonstrate, and you? what do you have except blah-blah-blah?

voleg2 писал(а) >>

I'll ask everyone except Magnatis once again : Do you have profitable systems that operate completely autonomously?

Yes. So what's next? There is nothing to discuss. You didn't give a topic for discussion and you don't have to. Apart from self-promotion there was nothing.

Reason: