Trading spreads on currencies. Spreader 2 - page 21

evillive:
I left it on the demo for a couple of days, at first I had a few profitable trades, then I lost all my money, I started with 100k, when I turned it off the balance was 98546,28. Probably not enough trades were opened for withdrawal, I should have let it go for a week, but I did not want to watch further losses...

I see. I looked at it. I'll have a look on my computer... looks like there's no fish as it is...

Good afternoon. If you want to know what Spreader is worth you can rewrite the code on mt5 and watch it on history. Nothing sensational. By and large you are trading on a third pair not accounted for in this EA. For example, if you use EURUSD/GBPUSD, then by and large, you trade on EURGBP. And if you opened a position with EURGBP at 0.9 and went into drawdown, when the value of the pair may fall to 0.7 (losses will grow), you can wait as long as you want, but until the price rises to 0.9, you cannot count on a profit. This is on the subject of "hedging". You can take into account the correlation "in the long term", but the market is so strong that no indicator will give you absolutely accurate information about the direction of the trend. As a result, the accuracy of entering the market suffers. All of the above does not mean that you cannot make money with it. When the euro goes up against the pound, you can "bag it". But, in this case, how does trading on EURGBP with any trend indicator differ ? Nothing!

Since when are avatars with advertisements allowed?

Freud:
Since when are avatars with advertisements allowed?
Afternoon. Avatar changed, no need to be nervous.

Lest:

By and large you are trading on a third pair that is not included in this EA. For example, if you use EURUSD/GBPUSD, then by and large you are trading on EURGBP.

Quite right. It is time for all Forex traders to understand that there is no spread trading on currencies and there cannot be any trading, because such a spread is almost equal to a cross between these currencies. The difference between A/B trading and A-B trading is negligible (if the legs of the spread are balanced). So there is nothing to reinvent the wheel if cross pairs are available.

Who wants to trade spreads, welcome to futures or stocks.

If anyone is interested I can post test results on mt5. (I am taking orders for the testing period).

Meat:

Quite right. It's about time all forex traders understood that there is and can be no spread trading on currencies, because such a spread is almost tantamount to a cross of those currencies. The difference between A/B trading and A-B trading is negligible (if the legs of the spread are balanced). So there is nothing to reinvent the wheel if cross pairs are available.

Who wants to trade spreads, welcome to futures or stocks.

The markets need commodity markets, so there's no reason why spread trading can't take place on the forex market.

Meat:

It is time for all forex traders to realise that there is and cannot be any spread trading on currencies, because such a spread is almost equal to a cross between these currencies.

1. Synthetic and cross are not the same thing. The number of crosses is limited, synthetics are of any kinds.
  2. There is a reason to trade even the same cross A/B through A and B separately, because this is additional liquidity for the cross and possible better prices. For example, you need to make a SELL on EURGBP, and Bid EURGBP < Bid EURGBP_USD. Then it would make sense to open on a synthetic EURGBP_USD cross. This is a crude example and many subtleties are intentionally missed there. It is only important to understand that synthetics in forex are at least useful.

Good afternoon, everyone. I'm going to keep on "gutting" the spreader. Let's drop the terminology, let the linguists handle it. It works, under certain conditions. The question is, under what conditions and how do we make money on it?

One of the options:

We put the Expert Advisor on EURUSD( the second pair of GBPUSD) and GBPUSD(the second pair of EURUSD). It is relevant in a volatile market. When the Expert Advisor opens a position, look at EURGBP. Of course, as mentioned above, if the euro goes up on the first Expert Advisor +, the second -. This is something similar to hedging. We have 4 orders open, two opposite on each pair. It should be mentioned here that the EA needs a majik.

What should we do with it next? A "standard" close order module will not work. It will close the position and the second pair of orders will continue "hanging", and there will be no hedging. We have to watch over all 4 orders in total (one more additional module has to be added). We have to watch the trend ofEURGBP and as soon as we predict a reverse, we close the first profitable pair and wait till the second pair decreases its loss to an acceptable level. As the result it should be: the sum of the first pair + the sum of the second pair = profit (according to the settings).

So let's summarize. To work according to the algorithm described above, the Expert Advisor should have a magic order, ideally, it should open positions on two symbols, follow the trend of the third pair, close on the total profit (but not standard, but with expectation, as described above). I have an idea of what indicators to use. Do you want to write a code? Contact us.

I will not order a paid work, because I already have a code for both MT5 and MT4 with the required settings. It is another idea of how to use spreader. Thanks to its author.

P.S. If you like it, I can share a few more ways to work with spreader.

Roman.:

Is the topic still alive/not alive? Who posted here, please clarify the situation...
I was passing by, did a quick glance and put in my five cents.
Reason: