[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 618

Mathemat:

Right?

Uh-huh. Just don't like the word 'judgement'.

Mathemat:

Your IMHO is not informative as you have not made any argument.

But I have made such arguments. Now, for example, with your questions you are trying to exchange the coding system with the gatekeeper. Do you really think that by asking just one question you can find out the coding system of the guard and at the same time know the right way to the house?

Well yes, it's easier to hide behind false stereotypes and bullshit without even bothering to check.

C-4: But such arguments have been made by me. Now, for example, with your questions you are trying to exchange the coding system with the sentinel. Do you really think that by asking just one question you can find out the guard's coding system and at the same time find out the right way to the house?

Think what you like about it, but your comments in this thread are complete bullshit, nonsense based on your arbitrary speculation. I'm sorry.

I've already tried to have a constructive conversation with you in this thread, but you brush off some non-quantitative arguments that have nothing to do with maths.

TheXpert: Yeah. I just don't like the word "judgement".

Do you think he'll get a rep as well?

There's a comment on the challenge on braingames.ru that goes like this:

- Listen, in my village they give free beer to everyone!

- Yaah!

And the sentinel runs to the right village.

Nah, that's right. It's just answering a question, and expressing a judgement. The form of the statement is just different, you don't have to give it to rep. I'm picking on you :)

Mathemat:

Your IMHO is not informative as you have not provided any arguments.

We have 2 unknowns: direction and yuuu(yuuu).
As far as I remember from mathematics, one equation is not enough to successfully find the values of the two unknowns.
Is such an argument accepted?

ZS The third unknown is whether the guard is telling the truth

I would like to hear arguments that the problem has a solution ;)

MikeM:
As far as I remember from mathematics, one equation is not enough to successfully find the values of two unknowns.

We don't need to find the unknowns. That's the point.

Mathemat:

...And the guardian runs to the right village.

:) great.

TheXpert:

:) great.

The answer is not accepted! The sentinel may not like beer.

MikeM: As far as I remember from mathematics, one equation is not enough to successfully find the values of two unknowns.

Is this argument accepted?

No, no way. It's not algebra, Boolean logic has its own laws.

Did you know, for example, that there are only 16 of all (different) Boolean functions with two Boolean variables? I didn't know either recently, but now I do.

Reason: