[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 85

TheXpert >>:

Для данных 4 точек можно нарисовать бесконечно квадратов. Что еще не сказано?

Кстати, на окружности они располагаться не будут.

I would say that they may not lie on a circle. Also, you could say that if you can draw a circle through four points, then those four points may lie on the sides of countless squares.

And vice versa. If four points do not lie on a circle, then those four points can lie on the sides of only one square.

Mischek >>:

ну 3

в чем прикол ?

What if you count all corners? including external corners :-)

xeon >>:

а если считать все углы? включая внешние :-)

6, the question was about corners, not dots, right? :)

xeon >>:

а если считать все углы? включая внешние :-)

You're a cheater.)

joo >>:

6, вопрос же был про углы, а не про точки? да? :)

that's exactly the question - "How many angles in a triangle?"

Mischek >>:

Жулик ты )

No, it wasn't me, I didn't come up with the problem.)

Mathemat >>:

TheXpert, осталось только доказать, что это все квадраты. Хотя это вроде как почти очевидно.

ОК, тогда давайте считать, что 4 оставшиеся точки не образуют квадрат.

Никаких других условий не было. Вероятно, решение задачи предполагает анализ разных случаев, в том числе и "вырожденных", т.е. имеющих много решений. Источник, в котором я нашел задачу, заслуживает доверия.

The answer is this. You need to draw two segments through the points so that these segments intersect. Then you draw a perpendicular to one of the segments passing through one of the points. And then it is elementary to draw perpendiculars to the obtained line, passing through our points. (I might have made a mistake. :)

Mathemat >>:

TheXpert, осталось только доказать, что это все квадраты. Хотя это вроде как почти очевидно.

ОК, тогда давайте считать, что 4 оставшиеся точки не образуют квадрат.

Никаких других условий не было. Вероятно, решение задачи предполагает анализ разных случаев, в том числе и "вырожденных", т.е. имеющих много решений. Источник, в котором я нашел задачу, заслуживает доверия.

Always with your (seemingly simple) problems :-)) Now you're just sitting there thinking :-))

I need a compass.

Who has a compass marker?

First draw the segments red and blue. Then lower the green perpendicular to the red segment. In relation to the green one we draw perpendiculars and parallel sides of the square. There seem to be only four variants. One of the four rectangles is a square. You need a compass.

Reason: