The concept: "Good Counsellor"

Hello. I am new here, but I am dealing with forex for 2 years now.
I have a question for the experts:

How well do you think such concepts work:

1. To make a good EA you can take a badly losing EA and mathematically,
turn it inside out. It is not about the spreads and swaps that are losing money.

2) A good EA always works on all currency pairs, on all timeframes (small ones do not
due to the spread) and on all timeframes without any optimization.

3) It is not possible to write a good EA, using 1 or 3 standard indicators, using
for their calculations, specifically given periods.

4) A good Expert Advisor does not use specific TP and SL. Exits only on signals of
indicators.

5. A good Expert Advisor does not use pending orders, locking, hedging, increasing
and decreasing the size of positions.

hmm. i have a good advisor and it's all 5p:)

A good advisor is one who gives advice that is useful to you personally.

1. No.

2. Utopia.

3. Depends on what 'good' is.

4. If orders have stoploss and takeprofit, reliability of operation is much higher.

5. Not a fact.

A "good EA" is an EA that earns over a long period of time without significant tweaking on at least one instrument(that's enough). ))

LeoV, I agree with you. That would really be enough.

But, if the principle by which an EA works works well on one instrument, then why

it should not necessarily work for any other instrument.

I am not talking about instrument properties such as spread, swaps, trading time, volatility etc.

I'm not talking about. I'm not talking about different brokerage tricks either. I am talking about basic principles of

indicator part of the Expert Advisor.

What's the point of the thread? :) Every 10th post here is either about a grail or a good advisor ;) Integer wrote the right answers to all the points. It's been discussed for a long time. Profitable EAs are a myth ;)

A good EA is one that works exactly according to the algorithm it was created with.

Profitable advisers are a myth ;) - A good New Year's joke !

In my opinion, all profitable strategies have something in common. Apart from the fact that they are profitable.

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that this "something" should be known to people who develop them

and expect to make a long-term profit. And I'm not talking about money management or other things known to

known to everyone. Many people formulate such principles, all of us have them, but so far no one has managed to put them all in one basket.

yet.

Richie >>:

Но, если принцип, по которому работает советник, хорошо работает на одном инструменте, то почему

он не обязательно должен работать на любом другом инструменте.

This, generally speaking, is not necessary. I myself am rather inclined to the same view but the problem is that it is very difficult to make such an EA. To do so, we will have to find a universal pattern that any tool obeys. Have you found it? OK, then the next question: have you learned to mass-produce such systems?

Now, point by point, in addition to what Integer said.

1. The key phrase here is: "We are not referring to losses due to spreads and swaps". If we do not take that into account, then creating a stably losing or stably profitable EA is an equivalent task. Provided that spread/swap constitutes a small part of a trade's expectation module.

2) The absence of the need in optimization is a good quality of the system. I could also add here the absence of necessity of testing in the tester :)

3. If we are talking about smoothing periods, it is quite logical. But then this point follows from the second one, as fixed smoothing periods would have to be optimized.

4. Integer has said it all on this point. SL should still be there, no matter how much you want to self-deceive yourself about an EA that never makes mistakes. Black swans manage to fit into indicators with little change in their readings. But if there is no emergency protection, the payback may be too brutal.

5. I completely disagree with this point in your categorical statement. Why are you so averse to pauses and money management?

Yes, keekkenen, writing an EA "according to an algorithm" is not always easy, this effect is familiar to

all programmers are well aware of it. When you write one thing, it turns out to be quite a different one. But this task is feasible.

Mathemat, maybe I'm wrong, but in my opinion, exiting by SL is an extreme measure, admitting your mistake.

It seems to me that it is better to keep the number of such errors to a minimum.

Most of all I don't like fixed TP values and fixed period values of various indicators.

In my opinion, fixing TP, SL and periods is not a very serious task because the amplitude and frequency of price movements of

of any instrument changes in time. On the other hand "coffee grounds" like "Fourier" don't really

...doesn't work either, to put it mildly.

Now I'm just trying to make a list of principles, on which a good system should be based.

Richie писал(а) >>

Right now I'm just trying to make a list of principles for myself on which a good system should be based.

use the search engine... "perfect", "perfect advisor"... and "similar" probably already has a lot to go on...

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/119257

Reason: