To follow up - page 18

Expression of context.

Called it that once before. (Should it have been called something?) Similar to futures. Although... it's not exactly the same as "time of life", to be a nerdy linguist.

Svinozavr >>:

Экспирация контекста.

Как-то уже обзывался так. (Ну надо было как-то назвать?) По аналогии с фьючом. Хотя... это не совсем то же, что "время жизни", если быть занудой-лингвистом.

To the question of phase space.

Information about the state of the system has to be transformed somehow.

Here is, say, the EURUSD - H1 distribution chart for 2009. By x - Close-Open, by y - High-Low

Some conclusions can already be drawn. Let's say, there cannot be doji bars with shadows spread > 100 pips

rider писал(а) >>

Time..... the time during which certain parameters of the same volatility or liquidity are observed.

No matter how you look at it, the value of this time period has a value of its own.

I repeat once again : the lifetime of a context cannot be a phase space parameter. It is an axiom.

You see, we never know how long a context will last. For this reason, we will only know its lifetime after the context runs out. Who needs such a parameter? It's really the same as asking how long a trend will last. Or a flat.

A phase space parameter can only be a value that can be calculated at any point in time. And it characterizes the state of the system at this moment. Only in this case the parameter carries some information about the state of the system and we, ideally, can use it.

Knowing the lifetime of a context before it ends is a 100% prediction. Who does it? Who knows how to do it ?

Dserg >>:

Ещё вопрос, какова размерность этого фазового пространства, т.е. сколько именно этих существенных характеристик.

Read it here. Our contexts are supposed to be predictability bars. That is, we can start by writing an indicator that draws a current estimate of the number of degrees of freedom.

As for the lifetime of states, it's as if we agreed that in this thread we're not going to calculate or predict it. We are going to (were going to, to be more exact) simply state the facts of formation of a state and its destruction. Nevertheless, we will hardly be able to avoid the time, we will have to somehow define the smoothing. Since it is obvious that the directly measured characteristics must be smoothed at least somehow.

lna01 >>:

Почитайте здесь. Наши контексты по идее как раз являются отрезками предсказуемости. То есть начать можно с написания индикатора, рисующего текущую оценку числа степеней свободы.

Что касается времени жизни состояний, мы как будто сошлись на том, что в этой теме мы не будем его вычислять или прогнозировать. Мы собираемся (собирались, если точнее) просто констатировать факты возникновения состояния и его разрушения. Тем не менее отвертеться от времени вряд ли удастся, нам придётся как-то определиться со сглаживанием. Поскольку очевидно, что непосредственно замеряемые характеристики должны быть хоть как-то сглажены.

About smoothing. In the horizontal channel/Z by MAH cross code that I provided, the channel borders are smoothed. But they are smoothed not by TIME! And they are smoothed along the frames formed by the cross. I.e. if we take the EMA algorithm then EMA = k * value of the boundary on the current frame + (1-k) * value of EMA on the previous frame. But not on the time frame!

So how to manage time and filtering is not a question. To be more exact, it is one of the main consequences of the non-timeframe division. All manipulations are performed over it, not over timeframes - bars.

Here's a follow-up picture with smoothing. Here the bounds are smoothed with period 3 (k=0.5). But this is not the time. Raw boundaries are dashed. Smoothed ones are solid.

Svinozavr >>:

Так что как управиться со временем и фильтрацией - не вопрос. Вернее, это одно из главных следствий не тайм-фреймного разбиения. Все маниупуляции проводятся уже над ним, а не над тайм-фреймами - барами.

The issue for me is that you have to introduce an additional parameter (k in this case). Exactly the same as in time smoothing. There needs to be some consideration, at least limiting the range of variation of this parameter.

Svinozavr >>:

Про сглаживание. В приведенном мной коде горизонтального канала/ЗЗ по кроссу МАшек, границы канала сглаживаются. Но сглаживаются они не по ВРЕМЕНИ! А по фреймам, образованными кроссом. Т.е., если брать алгоритм EMA, то ЕMA = k * значение границы на тек.фрейме + (1-k) * значение EMA на предыдущем фрейме. Но не на тайм-фрейме!

Так что как управиться со временем и фильтрацией - не вопрос. Вернее, это одно из главных следствий не тайм-фреймного разбиения. Все манипуляции проводятся уже над ним, а не над тайм-фреймами - барами.

Don't downplay the dimensionality problem. If we take an insufficient number of phase state variables, then predictability is out of the question. If we are talking about a phase state, it means that all states with the same values of variables are EQUIVALENT. This is an axiom :)

Dserg >>:

Не надо преуменьшать проблему размерности. Если взять недостаточное количество переменных фазового состояния, то значит ни о какой предсказуемости нельзя вести и речи. Уж если мы говорим о фазовом состоянии, то это означает, что все состояния с одними и теми же значениями переменных ЭКВИВАЛЕНТНЫ. А вот это - уже аксиома :)

(shrugging) I'm not arguing.

I think I stated the topic "About smoothing" at the very beginning of the post. I didn't write about anything else in the post.

You want to discuss the dimensionality issue? Go ahead. So far I have no objection to what you said. And I can't think of anything else to add to it.

Develop the thought.

lna01 писал(а) >>

Read it here. Our contexts are supposed to be predictability bars. That is, we could start by writing an indicator that draws a current estimate of the number of degrees of freedom.

Yes, that would be an interesting indicator. Nikolai, can you write such an indicator? For me this article by Shumsky is not specific enough in this matter. And in the rest, too, it seems.

Reason: