decompilation protection - page 8

HideYourRichess >> :
Huh, funny subject, - does MT steal users' disc serial numbers!

>> it's funny to you, but it's paranoid to him.)

registred >> :

{...} Metatrader reads the hard drive serial number and God knows what it does with it. {...}

You've got me interested.

Here on unix, there was information, skype first thing to go into etc/passw or something similar-

told me by someone I know from Unix, I don't remember the details.

I looked where metatrader goes.

I was glad :-).

At first Metatrader reads and writes something from/into terminal.ini 300 times.

Then I started looking further.

It continues to read and write it from time to time, and several times per second :-).

You can also use a primitive defence like this...
Files:
test.ex4  2 kb

lseder >> :

Digging into this topic at some point. You can't get the serial number from the api, you have to query via DeviceIoControl,

which is a platform-dependent solution. It works for XP and 2000, not for others.

> If the developers are honest

It is the developers' decision, everything is closed now. Those who don't like it, use other software.

An industry standard is full openness, it's easier to protect. Microsoft is just now opening up the full

documentation on document encryption algorithms for the office and it's been 10 years since the first versions.

Naturally I'll never make an EA for MT unless I have a protocol for transmitting data from it. This is not paranoia, as you put it, but simply a desire to secure my intellectual work. There are of course methods to protect you from code theft and you should use them to the fullest when it comes to money.

keekkenen >> :
You can also use a primitive protection like this...

What's the point ? reassigning values

just code

YuraZ:

I've thought about it many times... I'm wondering how to get some of the code into the DLL, it's in a completely different language)))) or maybe I don't get it))

MadWill:

I've thought about it many times... This is a question, but how do you put part of the code in a DL, it's in other languages)))) or maybe I don't understand it))

Caught up right.

Delphi, C++ - whatever.

registred:

What are you really agonising over on this subject. Until you have the source code of the metatrader in your hands, as I said above, the use of EAs really worth something on a certain account is out of the question. Moreover, you can not even use Metatrader from another brokerage company on one computer, because the metatrader reads the hard drive serial number and God knows what it does with it. About decompilation. You may decompile everything. This is logic. Like any logic, it can be solved. In this case the Expert Advisor can be decompiled.

The serial number is necessary for binding the terminal to this drive, or rather the accounts are bound. If you copy the terminal folder to a flash drive and run the terminal from it, the password will be required to "prevent" theft of the terminal with an activated account using the trader's password.

You may use your trader's login and password to withdraw your account at least from micro accounts.

MQ themselves wrote about it in one of the MT4 updates.

olyakish:

If you copy the terminal folder to a flash drive and start the terminal from it you would need the password to the account again.

In the past, in some companies knowing a trader's login and password it was possible to withdraw money from accounts, at least from micro ones.

MQ themselves wrote about it in one of the MT4 updates.

First of all, MT will ask you for a password even if you have renamed the folder, without copying it anywhere.
Secondly, there are tools on the internet to recover MT passwords, so it's not as simple as you think.
Reason: