Wave analysis - page 37

sak120 >> :

Today's approach to wave analysis (splitting the ZigZag into patterns and looking for structures on multiple timeframes) was developed through years of experience, and earlier "wave analysis", started with Elwave, markups of various waveforms, books, etc.

If you read the documentation to Elwave, you will see the principle of the program, from my point of view, such mechanization is out of the question.

Elwave is used by analysts. Or traders chasing ~100% a year.

What does ZigZag have to do with waves?

p.s. I'm talking about Elliott Waves

C-4 >> :

Question: Does the presence of Elliott waves on a random walk graph mean that the graph is subject to certain cycles and patterns?

1. Random walk, are you a proponent of chaos theory? Personally, I have never seen a random walk.

2. You started discussing cycles in conjunction with waves, you should know that in this case a cycle is "three steps forward, two steps back"

3. In wave theory, a cycle is a basic brick for building a movement.

Remarkably, on the charts of SB waves are much "correct" and "beautiful" than in real markets (this is not an isolated example). Apparently, the markets have not studied the books on wave theory so far, since they cannot draw such beautiful waves as the SF generator.

A lot can be done with human hands.

О чем спор собственно? Волны и циклы это миф о том, что земля круглая, всех распространителей данного заблуждения необходимо немедленно казнить, ведь мы то хранители истинной веры жрецы, посланные богом знаем, что Земля стоит на трех китах

You keepers of the faith would do well to read an 8th or 9th grade maths textbook. And the Earth, if you want to talk about astronomy, is not round but geoidal. Therefore, the effect of gravitational forces on the earth's satellites is not uniform, so their arbits are not circular.

Now let's break it down point by point:

1. Random walk, are you a supporter of chaos theory? Personally, I have never seen random wandering.

In a previous post I showed you a picture of SB, so now you can tell everyone you have seen SB. I'm a supporter of Chaos Theory (not Bill Williams Evangelion), but I don't think the market is SB in its purest form. Generally they are different terms and different concepts, you should not identify them. On the other hand I am convinced that many market movements, especially in the middle of the day, are random.

2. If you started to discuss cycles in connection with waves, you should know that the cycle in this case is "three steps forward, two steps back".

I do not deny the cycles, they do exist. Just look at a chart of treasuries or better yet, look at a chart of pork. The question is not the presence of cycles, but what laws do they move under and it seems to me that Eliot and his team do not clarify this question at all.

3. In wave theory, a cycle, is the basic building block of motion.

There are no "cycle bricks" as you say. If there were, the market would always do the same thing and everyone would be happy and satisfied.

But all the same, someone (preferably from the adepts of waves) will answer my question: "Why do clear Elliott waves appear on SB charts, and does the fact of their appearance mean that SB charts are not random at all? "

storm писал(а) >>

Elwave is used by analysts. Or traders chasing ~100% a year.

What does ZigZag have to do with waves?

p.s. I'm talking about Elliott waves.

To me a ZigZag beam is a wave (sub-wave and the like).

I don't know what an Elliott wave is. Can you give a definition?

C-4 писал(а) >>

You keepers of the faith would do well to read an 8th or 9th grade maths textbook. And the Earth, if you want to talk about astronomy, is not round but geoidal. Therefore, the effect of gravitational forces on the earth's satellites is not uniform, so their arbits are not circular.

In the previous post I showed you a picture of SB, so now you can tell everyone that you have seen SB. I'm a supporter of Chaos Theory (not Bill Williams' Evangelion), but I don't think the market is a pure SB. Generally they are different terms and different concepts, you should not identify them. On the other hand I am convinced that many market movements, especially in the middle of the day, are random.

I do not deny the cycles, they do exist. Just look at the chart of treasuries or better yet, look at the chart of pork. The question is not about the presence of cycles, but about the laws by which they move and it seems to me that Eliot and his team do not clarify this question at all.

"The bricks of cycles", as you say, are nonexistent. If there were, the market would always do the same thing and everyone would be happy and content.

But still someone (preferably from the adepts of waves) will answer my question: "Why do distinct Elliott waves appear on SB charts, and does the fact of their appearance mean that SB charts are not random at all? "

I think a waveologist with great experience will divide any chart strictly into waves, because a set of wave patterns allows to do it. For example, by two patterns: a wave up and a wave down, any graph of a continuous function will be broken into pieces (this breakdown is called a Zig-Zag). You can come up with a set of other patterns that break the function.

There was a classic on cycles by Gunn, but I somehow didn't fully get into his approach to cycles.

Gunn is considered by many to be a fraud.

sak120 >>

I don't know what an Elliott wave is. Can you give a definition?

Sure ;) But I'll leave it to the theorists.

I will only say one thing, to get an Elliott wave you have to apply Elliott's rules and guidelines and no unbiasedness.

storm писал(а) >>

Sure ;) But I'll leave that to theorists.

I will only say one thing, to get an Elliott wave you have to apply Elliott's rules and guidelines and no unbiased thinking.

I see, you don't know either.

I will now give definitions from books.

Waves: A wave is a price movement that starts with a reversal of the price direction and lasts till the next reversal of the price direction.

Everywhere else is the same - a wave is the ray of a certain ZigZag.

C-4 >> :

If you want to talk about astronomy, it is not circular but geoidal. Therefore, the effect of gravitational forces on the earth's satellites is not uniform, which is why their arbits are not circular.

It could very well be. I am neither an astronomer nor a physicist.

On the other hand I am convinced that many market movements, especially in the gut of a day, are random.

I accept your point of view ;)

I am not denying the cycles, they do exist. Look at the chart of treasuries or better yet the chart of pork. The question is not about the presence of cycles, but about the laws by which they move and it seems to me that Eliot and his team do not clarify this question at all.

Read A. Frost and R. Prekter's Complete Course on Elliott Wave Law, they have it all clearly laid out.

There are no "cycle bricks", as you say. If there were, the market would always do the same thing and everyone would be happy.

I am happy and satisfied. ;-)

But anyway somebody (preferably wave adepts) will answer my question: "Why do distinct Elliott Waves appear on a SB chart, and does the fact of their appearance mean that SB charts are not random at all?"

The drawing on the chart is not random, the waves are not random (based on Elliot's Wave Theory).

storm >> :

What is the argument about? Waves and cycles is a myth that the earth is round, all propagators of this delusion should be immediately put to death, because we are the guardians of the true faith priests sent by God know that the Earth stands on three whales.

Waves and cycles are not a myth at all. Our colleague exi has given some good examples. I will gladly expand the list by adding another one to my knowledge - unicyclicity of gastric emptying process some time after taking pischa. If it helps you, dear one, to find cycles more often and correspondingly more - possess the ancient knowledge and delight the world with new lines.

Reason: