First sacred cow: "If the trend started, it will continue" - page 77

Kiwi is considered a major "conditionally" :) It is included in the calculation, but as I rarely trade, so I did not include it in the chart.
Here is a more global picture. I can see the trends and the crashes. And there is an impression that they will be repeated.)

And indexes - by a symmetric formula with roots?
P.S. OK, I've bored you, sorry, Sergey.

Mathemat >>:
А индексы - по симметричной формуле с корнями считаешь?
P.S. Ладно, замучил я тебя, извини, Сергей.

No discomfort ;)
Yes, with roots, but what is meant by symmetric? The output is a percentage or relative (not absolute. i.e. not in points) difference.

Well, I didn't mean the usual recommended formula for the index (like a sum with powers), but a very symmetrical one. I've seen it somewhere, I think even here. Something like the root of, say, the 4th degree of a fraction made up of different pairs (if the pairs are four).

Mathemat >>:
Ну я имел в виду не ту формулу для индекса, которую рекомендуют обычно (как сумма со степенями), а очень даже симметричную. Где-то я ее видел, вроде даже тут. Ну что-то типа корня, скажем, 4-й степени из дроби, составленной из разных пар (если пары четыре).
Exactly her, she's the right one ;)

The result of the application

People are going flat out on the subject...
A signal, however ;)

Народ на тему флэт перекинулся...
Cигнал однако ;)

Mm-hmm. Disaster's over.

We can't wait for the next one.

HideYourRichess >>:

Собственно говоря, это понятие из теории мартингалов (математических). Просто напомню, тем кто забыл или кто не в курсе. Важнейшее из свойств мартингала - это то что наилучшая оценка ожидаемого значения ряда - есть текущее значение. Т.е. E[x(i+1)]=E[x(i)]. Но, существует ещё суб- и супер-мартингалы. Это когда наилучшая оценка ожидаемого следующего значения не равна текущему. Т.е. E[x(i+1)]>E[x(i)] или E[x(i+1)]<E[x(i)] соответственно. Понятно, что если на мартингалах "зарабатывать" нельзя, то на суб- или супер-мартингале "зарабатывать" можно. Просто играя "всегда лонг" или "всегда шорт", в зависимости от. И да, "наилучшая оценка следующего значения" - это не обязательно среднее арифметическое, это может быть более сложная процедура, не важно какая, главное что бы в статистическом смысле это была "наилучшая оценка". Вообще, применение всяких индикаторов - есть попытка найти эту самую "наилучшую оценку". Проблема в том,что оценка (в виде индикатора) может быть не адекватной, или в результате может получаться мартингал - результаты известны. Да, кстати, следующее значение ряда, - это может быть не один котир, а какая то комбинация сведений о рынке.

All yes, but it could be wider than that. E[x(i+1)]=E[x(i)] is not just a martingale.
E[x(i+1)]=E[x(i)] is a flat, tomorrow the price will be the same as today. It's a mean-reverting process that is so nice to trade.
Or it's a random walk that is impossible to profitably trade.
That is, the market can be considered as alternating periods of random walk with periods of pseudo-stationarity. In this case there will always be E[x(i+1)]=E[x(i)] and no trend. Such is the hypothesis.

timbo писал(а) >>

All yes, but it could be wider than that. E[x(i+1)]=E[x(i)] is not just a martingale.
E[x(i+1)]=E[x(i)] is a flat, tomorrow the price will be the same as today. It's a mean-reverting process that is so nice to trade.
Or it's a random walk that is impossible to profitably trade.
That is, the market can be considered as alternating periods of random walk with periods of pseudo-stationarity. In this case there will always be E[x(i+1)]=E[x(i)] and no trend. Such is the hypothesis.

All these theories are deeply theoretical))) and practically unusable. Because they operate on the notion of the best forecast: the best price forecast for tomorrow is today's price. Proof that this is the best forecast can only be if we know a priori what kind of process and distribution we are predicting, but in practice we do not. How can we prove that a particular forecast/forecast methodology gives the best prediction (in terms of RMS), except by going through all possible ones, which is unrealistic? And then, you don't have to predict the price at a certain point in the future to make money.

Reason: