First sacred cow: "If the trend started, it will continue" - page 50

Avals писал(а) >>

specific implementations of ZZ are redrawn. It is simply unclear how any indicators or calculations in general can be bad or good. Only trading strategies that use them can be bad, i.e. the calculations are applied inappropriately and/or at the wrong time.

They can be. That is what we are now discussing. If the indicator takes into account the non-stationarity of the market, it is good, if not - this indicator shows nothing.

))) What do you mean - "the indicator shows nothing at all"? The indicator does not indicate anything (does not show anything) only when it is not visible. And even then, if its invisibility is not the way it is initiated...))) And only for the observer.

===

Well, well, I'll wait - I wonder what else they'll agree on...)))

TheVilkas >>:

вы забыли что спрашивали? :)))))))))))))

Didn't think what you wrote about had only 'hope' of application. That's too bad.

Svinozavr писал(а) >>

))) What do you mean, "the indicator shows nothing at all"? The indicator indicates nothing ( does not show anything) only when it is not visible. And that's if its invisibility is not the way it is initiated...))) And only for the observer.

===

Well, well, I shall wait - I wonder what else they will agree on...)))

Indicator is a derivative of BP. First it is converted to a stationary form (in which it does not occur) and then an indicator is built on this.

I don't understand, faa1947, why you think that any inductor should be based solely on stationary data.

Yes... The usual terminological confusion. Apparently, what was meant was "usefulness" and "uselessness" of the indicator. It's just the author's polemical fervour.

Let's not nitpick - everyone's got it.

faa1947 писал(а) >>

An indicator is a derivative of BP. First it is converted to a stationary form (in which it does not occur) and then the indicator is built on this.

Take for example equivolume charts (tick volume), and the increment of such candles will be stationary. The fact of stationarity reduction does not necessarily have further practical application.

Avals >>:

возьмите например эквиобъемные графики (тиковый объем) и у вас приращение таких свечей будет стационарным.

No, it won't, Slava. The difference in distribution from the same for normal candles is too insignificant. The Range is closer to the body.

Mathemat писал(а) >>

I don't understand, faa1947, why you think that any inductor should be based solely on stationary data.

On the contrary

Avals писал(а) >>

For example, take equivolume charts (tick volume) and the increment of such candles will be stationary. The very fact of reducing to stationarity does not necessarily have a subsequent practical application

This is news to me. Metastock and at one time used them - nothing interesting. The trades are made at random moments of time, their number in one tick is different and they are made for different durations. It is a source of non-stationarity of BP.

Reason: