Exchanging data between two EAs running in different terminals - page 5

Yes! Mapping is the best way!

You just have to remember to lock the mapping files behind you.

Zhunko >> :

That's weird!... It turns out that it matters in what place of the function memory is allocated?

The important thing is how.

So, is it really important for you to allocate a buffer of a strictly defined size?

Andres >> :

The important thing is how.

So is it important to you to allocate a buffer of a specific size?

Yes!!! That is, quite, interesting!

klot >> :

The best way to exchange data between programs, IMHO, is through virtual files:

Everything works reliably and without glitches.... Tested electronically :)

+100, both in terms of speed and reliability.

Maybe someone can explain the virtual files in more detail to an inexperienced person. Something I wanted to do in my copier. I don't know how.

Vinin >> :
Can someone explain more about the virtual files. I want to do it in my copier. I don't know how.

Joining in. Vinin will figure it out himself after all. Us country folks would really appreciate having a finished code. This is the first time such a tempting opportunity has sounded, and it's a sin not to see it through.

I'm about to write a universal library for mapping. Also, Ilnur showed me examples.

I haven't started for a couple of weeks, but haven't continued...

I need it all now. I'll be sure to do it.

klot >> :

The best way to exchange data between programmes, IMHO, is through virtual files:

and so on.....

Everything works reliably and without glitches.... Tested electronically :)

Thanks for the idea! Could you present any example of how to apply this approach in MQL4? That is, I would like to see ready-made examples (scripts or Expert Advisors), from which I could already start doing something for myself.

I already cited an API library with an example for working with registry. I would like some analogue for virtual files.

Thanks in advance!

solandr >> :

Thanks for the idea! Could you provide an example of how this approach may be applied in MQL4? That is, I would like to see ready examples (scripts or Expert Advisors), from which one can start doing something for oneself.

I already cited an API library with an example for working with registry. I would like some analogue for virtual files.

Thanks in advance!

It 's not MQL, but it's a C++ library that exchanges data between terminals based on shared memory (aka virtual files).

There's a lot of unnecessary stuff for the current question, but it may be useful... good luck.

Reason: