NFA bans locking from 15 May 2009 - page 29

Written today:

Dear clients of F***!

We are using all our resources to provide the best solution for your trading given the new NFA hedging rule. We would like to inform you that F*** has contacted NFA and proposed a number of solutions that we believe will support almost all trading strategies at the same time considering the NFA rules. Our discussions with NFA are still ongoing and we will keep you informed. F*** assures you that it will not make any changes to the trading platforms without first publishing any proposed changes and warning you well in advance of the proposed changes.

F***

I have read the thread, but I still don't understand how you can lock or hedge with two accounts if even within the same broker

I don't understand how you can lock or hedge with two accounts if even within one broker the accounts are not linked and activity in one account does not affect the status of the other. And even more so to open accounts with two different brokers.

And yet, "I have my doubts!"... What if...? Maybe someone really managed to create a "grail" and therefore "in the interests of clients" prohibited to use LOC... Maybe the "grail seekers" should dig in this direction? in the direction of locs...

sandex >> :

I have read the thread, but I still don't understand how you can lock or hedge with two accounts if even within the same broker

I don't understand how you can lock or hedge with two accounts if even within one broker the accounts are not linked and actions on one account do not influence the status of the other. And even more so to open accounts with two different brokers.

Different accounts should not be treated separately, but as parts of the same portfolio. One investor cannot have two unconnected investments, "a plurality of opinions in one head is schizophrenia". There is always one investment. Correspondingly, if on one account one costs to buy 100 ХХХ shares and on the other one sell 100 CFD on shares of the same ХХХ, the whole portfolio is registered and no matter where the market goes, the investor will make neither profit nor loss.

Shniperson >> :
And yet, "I have my doubts." >> what if...? Maybe really, somebody managed to create a "grail" and that's why "in the interest of clients" they prohibited to use LOC... Maybe the "grail seekers" should dig in this direction? in the direction of locs...

"One should not look for malice where everything can be explained by trivial human stupidity."

timbo писал(а) >>

The different accounts should not be treated separately, but as part of the same portfolio.

So it's not me who should treat them as a portfolio, it's the brokerage company who should.

I had a real account on my brokerage company, but one. Will all this be done for demo accounts???

Who can show practical example on real and on demo?

sandex >> :

So it's not up to me to treat them as a portfolio, it's up to the DC to treat them that way.

I had a real account with the DC, but one. Will all this be done for demo accounts???

Who can show a practical example on real and demo.

You have to see your accounts as a portfolio. CA does not know and may not know anything about many of your accounts. CA uses the NFA to prohibit the lock. If you want to use the lock, you can do it with two accounts.

Judging by the level of your questions you don't need it. Just forget about locs, they don't exist, they don't exist.

timbo писал(а) >>

It is up to you to treat your accounts as a portfolio. The DC does not and cannot know anything about your many accounts. The brokerage company prohibits locks at the behest of the NFA. If you still want to have a lock, you can do it with two accounts.

Judging by the level of your questions you don't need it. Just forget about locs, they don't exist, they don't exist.

That's a strange answer. If the DC doesn't support the interaction of my two accounts as one, then what does it matter to me to consider.

Who can confirm this in practice.

Shniperson >> :
And yet, "I have my doubts." What if...? Maybe someone really managed to create a "grail" and therefore "in the interest of clients" they banned the use of LOC... Maybe the "grail seekers" should dig in this direction? In the direction of locs...

I found one I can sell for dear, the drawdown is about 1 per cent. The grail is mostly long term. This may be a good idea if we try to use some different brokerage companies, but the profit percentage is much lower.

RomanIgorevi4 >> :

I've found I can sell for dearly, the drawdown is about 1 per cent. The grail is predominantly long term. It will work and if the positions are dispersed in different brokerage companies the percentage of profit is much lower.

In addition if someone is interested there is an arbitrage graal a drawdown the truth there a little bit more. >> Also long term.

Reason: