The perfect entrance. What does it look like? - page 5

note log in

Zet1972 >> :
note input

M15 is a noisy timeframe, H4 is more accurate.

Идеальный вход. Как он выглядит?

Answering the question. A perfect entry looks like this:

Question: "What strategy should I use to use the perfect entry?"

Answer: "Apply a strategy based on hindsight trading."

Question: "What is hindsight trading?"

Answer: "It's trading based on a known history or price chart, i.e., trade backwards in time rather than forwards (you will hardly make any money, but you will not lose any, and the sporting interest will still be there)".

Question: "Which indicator should I use to find an ideal entry point?

The answer: "Use the High (Low on Buy) value of the price bar as an indicator when selling. This is currently the most effective indicator in hindsight."

Hi C4! Can you tell me how to use the High and Low price bar?

aasmalov >> :
Hi C4! How do you use High and Low price bar?

One of the most reliable ways is this :

if( (High[-1]-Low[-1])> Delta*Point)
{
    if(Time[Close[0]]<Time[Open[-1]])
    {
        if(Time(High[-1])<Time(Low[-1])) 
        {
            OpenPrice  = High[-1];
            TakeProfit = Low[-1] + spread*Point;
            StopLoss   = 0;
            Order_Type = OPEN_SELLLIMIT;
        }
        if(Time(High[-1])>Time(Low[-1])) 
        {
            OpenPrice  = Low[-1];
            TakeProfit = High[-1] - spread*Point;
            StopLoss   = 0;
            Order_Type = OPEN_BUYLIMIT;
        } 

SetOrder(Symbol(),0, Order_Type, OpenPrice, StopLoss, TakeProfit);
     }
     else if(OrdersTotal()<1)
     {
          if(Time(High[-1])<Time(Low[-1]))
              if(Bid==High[0])
              { 
                  OpenPrice  = Ask; 
                  TakeProfit = Low[0]+ spread*Point;  
                  StopLoss   = 0; 
                  Order_Type = OPEN_SELL;
              }
          if(Time(High[-1])>Time(Low[-1])) 
              if(Bid==Low[0]) 
              { 
                  OpenPrice  = Bid; 
                  TakeProfit = High[0]- spread*Point; 
                  StopLoss   = 0;
                  Order_Type = OPEN_BUY;
              }
     }
}

Here the Delta parameter should be set unambiguously larger than the size of 2-3 spreads - there is no reason to bother trading on bars with small amplitude. The efficiency of the algorithm can be increased if you know for sure that extreme values will be reached more than once.... but for this you need a more sophisticated time machine..... but if it's a simple one, then it's more reliable.....

Good luck.

aasmalov >> :
Hi C4! >> Could you tell me how to use High and Low values of price bars?

C4 must have been an analyst in the past ;) Or in the present ;)

Managed to make a joke so real that it's accepted by some.

And Reshetov said, that smileys are not needed ;)

aasmalov >> :
Hi C4! >> Could you tell me how to use High and Low of the price bar?

Retrospectively. For example, you know that the price reached 1.2370 yesterday (32.10.2009) and then was falling the whole day. You type in your EA "32.10.2009, sell at 1.2370 using the walrus 1:100", then wait for the whole day and at the end of the day you raise your profit in the form of chips on your demo account.)

Of course, the post I wrote above was a joke. Sorry if you take my words seriously. In general, there are indeed some models of entering the market based on highs and lows of the previous bar. But all of them are not perfect, it is almost impossible to enter the market accurate to a tick, and we need the stop loss to extend this accuracy to an acceptable level. The main thing in the end is not if you have entered the market on the maximum/minimum price tick, but if you have realized profit from the whole movement, and if the profit that you have realized can cover your inevitable losses.

Actually, in the next thread "Exiting the morning flat" there is a discussion between two masters of this tab, how to get out of the morning flat. They're all damn good technori, but burying themselves in the question does not see the essence of it, like blind elders groping an elephant. So my dear "ah-ah-ah-smallow", I in my naivety and pure of heart (and maybe stupidity) will share with you a really effective technique to determine High and Low, right here and for free. I see how you have already started drooling, so not to torment your soul immediately proceed to the presentation of the matter. They (blind and respected elders) believe that the price usually goes in the same direction, in which it breaks through after exiting the flat. Here it is true they also complain that "there are a lot of false signals". Nothing is as far removed from itsine as that statement. They forget that a flat and a breakout from it is just one state of a daily bar, which is known to have four coordinates - OHLC. So, if we imagine that the previous daily bar was bullish, then it is natural to suppose that the current bar will be bullish (it is the true momentum of the market in an adult daily timeframe), but as the most ordinary bar it will likely have four points - OHLC. Thus, we can suppose that after the price comes out of the morning flat (the price chart is well observed at 15 TF and less), it will start to draw Low of the daily bar. Pipsers (98% of them, I think) will start going long on 1-5-15-30 minutes charts and going short thinking they are in a new trend. However, my dear child, you should know that this is not a trend, but a simple rendering of the Low daily bar, as soon as the price reverses (big surprise) and takes the small animals with stops, you just take the momentum of the market, ignited by stops of intradealers. Go long, putting your stop at the level of the new Low daily bar. There is a good chance that it will be the true low. What I've told you, my dear fellow, can get you ahead several light years as Larry says, in intraday trading. "Exactly where to buy and where to sell," you say. Otherwise, the system will turn into a mega profitable one and the market will take it into account and I will lose my yacht and my girls. I can tell you not to be greedy and not to look for reversal if the price goes just a few pips in your direction.

Z.U. Judging by what I've told you, I'm already without a boat. I hope no one takes the girls away from me!

If you define good/bad entry at the moment of position opening (otherwise it is late and useless, alas :) ), the criteria for evaluation we know - it is stop-loss level. And that is all there is to it.

Therefore, from the practical point of view, a good entry is the one that is closest to the level of the stop loss. That is the one that comes from the border of the channel, from the previous fractal, level, etc. This is very risk-reducing and contributes to uninterrupted digestion and a good night's sleep.

If there is some signal to enter, even a very strong one, but a fractal (for example) used to set a protective stop, then such an entry cannot be considered good. Because it is risky.

That is, I would add, it is not about how low you bought and how high you sold, because we can't really control it and it is known after the fact, but it is about how much risk you have taken.

I would have been a really good analyst. Unless, of course, I'd be hung up on a bitch somewhere by angry DCs. Because in my "articles" like nowhere else there would be a tremendous amount of anger diluted with a carload of sarcasm and a ton of other sneering "look at these idiots! they went long again! Ha ha ha!".

1) Поэтому с практической точки зрения хороший вход - это тот, который ближе всего к уровню стоп-лосса. 2)То есть тот, который идет от границы канала, от предыдущего фрактала, уровня и т.п. 3) Это очень понижает риск, способствует бесперебойному пищеварению и крепкому сну.

1) A good entry is not one that is closer to the stop, but an entry immediately after which price moves in the right direction.

2) What do levels, channel boundaries and fractals have to do with it? The system may not use these or any other indicators and have an effective entry.

3) This is out of the question. I remember my first real (not micro-mini or any other bullshit) was of the same opinion! I suffered a month of insomnia because of the narrow feet. Only later I understood that a narrow stop means a probability of more frequent stops, which means more losses in the aggregate.

Reason: