Now let's be clear, do patterns work? Let's discuss) - page 5

goldtrader >> :

What a pearl!

Where else can you look for solutions and patterns but in history?

The 1st minute bar that closed and everything after it is HISTORY.

Without considering past market behaviour we are stepping into the abyss.

And the criteria by which we can reliably distinguish

between optimization and fitting has already been established.

Alexander, if you're not a problem, please, share your criteria with us, if not definitions.

So much is broken because of the lack of clear definitions.

Igor Kim said, "Optimization is a process, customization is the result.

But personally, with all due respect, it doesn't work for me.

Optimization=fitting. Criteria are fantasies. I.e., first MTS was optimized, then we fit these optimization-fitting variants to the forward history. And if the forward is passed, and it can be passed by a random variant with a much smaller profit, then the system is working? And the regularity has nothing to do with fitting-optimization.

FOXXXi >> :
Optimization=fitting. Criteria are fantasies. I.e., first MTS passed optimization, then from these variants of optimization-fitting we adjust to forward history. And if the forward is passed, and it can be passed by random variant with much smaller profit, then, the system is working? This is clinic, gentlemen... But the regularity has nothing to do with fitting-optimization.

The exploitation of a pattern needs no adjustment ?

FOXXXi >> :
>> Optimization=fitting. Criteria are fantasies. I.e., first, MTS passed optimization, and then, from these variants of optimization-fitting we adjust to forward history. And if the forward is passed, moreover, it may be passed by a random variant with a much smaller profit, then, the system is working? And the regularity has nothing to do with fitting-optimization.

FOXXXi, have you read Pardo's work - is there a link here? And this, by the way, is a classic of the art of testing and "proving" robustness of systems. Don't reject everything, there is not only rubbish here. Just because there haven't been any systems presented on this forum that have gone through the whole Pardo cycle yet, doesn't mean that it's rubbish.

I keep wondering why so many DCs have appeared. It's a pattern too... :о)

Mischek >> :

The operation of the pattern needs no adjustment ?

That's why it's a pattern, it doesn't need tuning. A pattern needs automation if it's possible, doesn't it? And all this nonsense with neural networks that supposedly work for a certain time and then their "market has changed".

FOXXXi >> :

And all this nonsense with neural networks that supposedly work for a certain period of time, and then their "market has changed".

Well...er...I hope you have many more discoveries to come (no banter)

Mischek >> :

Well, uh... I hope you have many more discoveries to come (no banter)

So, give me at least one example that perfectly explains that optimization and fitting are different things.

Now a bit about patterns. If there is NO pattern there should be roughly 50% winners 50% losers from each trade, and in both cases the DC earned on spreads and other stuff. Let's move on. OFFICIALLY we have 5% winners and 95% losers. QUESTION. WHY? So there is a pattern. Go on. Why does no one see it? I am sure that most people work and earn by intuition, although they are sure that they have found a pattern. The main pattern is lack of information that a trader gets and many provocations that push to wrong actions. Now about the pattern. Who has access to full information about specific (REAL) volumes of transactions in online mode, he just knows when the price will change and in what direction, fill in a couple of seconds before reaching a critical mass of transactions, and having a very solid amount, even adjust the speed of price change. Kayf swim on the wave..... So, the main GREAT thing for a mere mortal trader is to feel the mood of that lunatic or lunatics who move the chart. Pardon me if anyone got caught up in this. Pure reflection...:o)

FOXXXi >> :

>> Well, give me at least one example that perfectly explains that optimization and fitting are different things.

Better 2007

LeoV 2008

and I don't think I need to give you the results of the fitting.

But that's how we get bogged down in the time to live patterns.

>> then it will be that the pattern must always work and if it doesn't, it's not a pattern...

Reason: