Market etiquette or good manners in a minefield - page 85

Neutron >> :

For example, you can simplify the task by taking an input number divisible by 2...

It seems to me that an odd number of inputs is more promising, however, I have a single input added to the number stated in the parameter.

Me too.

I'm messing around with the ticks you gave me. Of course, the breakdown is much nicer on ticks -:) I'm thinking of getting a second computer today. And put it in the closet to collect ticks. I've got a pile of old junk which almost makes a computer.

A few thoughts on methods of "NS predictive capabilities"

( below is a private opinion to date, in response to the expressed interest of the author of the thread in taking in inverted commas, possibly containing inaccuracies and errors. I would be grateful for pointing them out and discussing the topic)

The title of the chapter of Pastukhov's thesis is on the picture, I bring it in order to underline two, in my opinion, key words "pattern" and "prediction".

To the first, imho, it is necessary to add the word "temporal", i.e. each member of a pattern from N is "located" in time after the previous one.

The N-th term will always be +/-1 and can be ignored, because the one preceding it will be opposite in sign and will determine it

(except for the problem predicting probability of prolongation of trend, however the author of the branch initially settled on the problem before predicting the sign of movement)

Second, "predicting" - defines the class of tasks, namely not recognizing h.p. for example, but exactly "looking into" the future.

So we get the task PREVIEW on the basis of TIME LOOKING AHEAD.

Having analysed the pattern sets for various H multiples of the spread (I will try to post later), it can be noted that:

- repeatability is very low,

- starts to appear from H = several tens of spreads,

- grows insignificantly with increasing H, and, of course,

- decreases with increasing N.

These conclusions are indirectly confirmed by Fig.3.1 on page 99 of the thesis with small values of N+ and N-.

From which it can be concluded that there is a need:

1. unification of the pattern

2. using DM.

The first is seen to be possible by the following methods:

1. the use of relative magnitude of pattern elements (suggested by the author of the dissertation)
  2. using the specific value of the pattern elements
  3. replacement of the values of the pattern elements in their clusters

It is appropriate to choose the DM model on the basis of the above formulated task "PREPARATION on the basis of TIME PATTERNS".

The most suitable, or rather - intended for its solution, are the following:

- asst.rules,

- correlation rules and

- decision tree (to a lesser extent, but, as experience has shown, sometimes with interesting results).

I would like to speak about assertion rules separately as they are the most "targeted" DM-model.

The nuance is that the pattern is by definition sign-variable and the model learns to always look for the motion opposite to the last one.

It might be worth modifying the pattern from:

+1,-3,+2,-1

в

+1,-1,-1,-1,+1,+1,-1

But then there are a few questions, such as about the dimensionality of the pattern.

Perhaps increasing the result:

- creating a committee based on heterogeneous models

- Use of models based on different H patterns

- introduction of additional (non-price) inputs into the model (volume, etc.)

Concerning the latter I would like to hear the opinion of those reading this thread

Imho, interesting EURUSD market conditions

and the need to choose H with a stable sign strategy

To: Neutron к последнему посту в личке

Colleagues, I suggest that in further discussion of the topic, we should refrain from unmeasured values by rationing on the spread. Agree, the spread is a characteristic of a particular instrument and does not fully reflect the dynamics of quoting of one or another instrument. In the future, if necessary, let us normalize the values by H, and all that should be kept in the dimension, let it be expressed in points (integers). Michail, please comment your figure, what is the axis and what does it show? As for your statement about the need to "...choose H with a stable in sign strategy ...", then, as I understand it, we are talking about the need to choose such H, for which the condition of stability of alternating series of transactions is satisfied, see fig..:

Right?

Neutron писал(а) >> I propose, in the further discussion on this topic, to refuse from unmeasured values by rationing to spread. Michael, please comment on your Fig. What is this value and what does it show?

X - time in hours within a day

Y - cumulative monotonicity of part of the kagi in H

on the right side vertically H dimension in pips discretely to the spread

this is intraday analogue of Fig.3.8 and 3.9 in the dissertation

Neutron wrote >> As to your statement about necessity "...to choose H with stable in sign strategy...", as I understood it is about necessity of choosing such H, for which the condition of stability of alternating series of transactions is fulfilled, see fig:

Right?

Rather, it is about the need to choose an H in which the sign of the strategy is stable throughout the day or, knowing the sign of the strategy from the statistics for a given hour, to take it into account when making predictions

Neutron писал(а) >>

Please explain the picture in more detail

The dissertation shows that the boundary of the sign change strategy is H-volatility = 2.

In the picture it is difficult to determine the value of the H-volatility.

How / on what basis do you estimate the indicated zone of a particular strategy sign?

I understand correctly, that in the picture the rent-function is red, and the ticks are blue?

Reference for general information: The "Tir-Method" has been on the market successfully for years, it also constructs a zig-zag pattern on the basis of 5 points.

Figure shows Kagi-building (in blue) on tick data (not shown, because the construction is performed in Kagi-division events), red shows a number of transactions (PT - entry/exit points to the market). The TS considered in the dissertation is based on exploitation of a trivial property of PT - its sign-variability in the presence of arbitrage properties of the market. Statistically, on a random process, RT is not sign-variable, i.e. in some places, of course, it will be, but not on a large enough sample. This corresponds to the case when Hvoll=2H - the market is not predictable. Accordingly, it is possible when an arbitrage opportunity arises in the market (Hvoll!=2H). This case corresponds to two "different" saws on PT: a saw going co-directionally with the BP of Kagi-building (H+ package) and a saw going counter-directionally (H- package). These two cases are shown in Fig.

Neutron писал(а) >> Fig. shows Cagi Building (blue) by tick data (not shown, because the building was made in Cagi Split events), red shows series of transactions (PT - entry/exit points to market).

PT breaks should lie on the kagi +/- spread edges,
in the figure they are under/above the kagi breaks.

Is it the quality of the picture or...?

If so, please make the picture more readable.

Reason: