Renting a server for an EA - page 6

scorpionk >> :

Bullshit, I've had a computer running at home for over a year now, and nothing happens without any air conditioning, redundancy or other nonsense.

I think you're overreacting.

Like, "I've been driving a Zaporozhets for a year now and I'm alive and well. >> God willing.

mamma писал(а) >>

Like "I've been driving a Zaporozhets for a year and I'm alive and well". God willing.

What has Zaporozhets got to do with it? You are comparing your ass to your thumb.

Are you going to open a multimillion-dollar account to make such control systems?

Hehe

What a load of crap - rooms with air-conditioning.) And cabinets in general is the main criterion for reliability)))) May I ask you know why they put air conditioners in the server room? If you know, then you probably understand why one or two computers do not need air conditioning.

And another question why the server computers are so different from household?)

And also can I have a link to a VPS with "multiple redundancy and auto-switching-start" and the price for these services? And also a story about why it would cost more at home.

In short, you're way out of line.

Dr0n писал(а) >>

Hehe

What a load of crap - rooms with air-conditioning.) And cabinets in general is the main criterion for reliability)))) May I ask you know why they put air conditioners in the server room? If you know, then you probably understand why one or two computers do not need air conditioning.

And another question why the server computers are so different from household?)

And also can I have a link to a VPS with "multiple redundancy and auto-switching-start" and the price for these services? And also a story about why it would cost more at home.

In short, you're way out of line.

+10

>> it's not worth the cost.

to Dr0n

Of course, it's too much! ))) And how much too much! I would even say exaggerating. Cabinets-conditions...

At the end of the day, everyone makes a system for themselves, for their particular situation. And not just purely technical or financial. It's also a matter of taste... For me, for example, the decisive factor in giving up computers at home was the need for long absences. Rare, but always "just in time" possibility of failures without possibility of immediate remote restoration forced me to switch to VPS. One can of course argue with this too... Of course it's possible to create a reasonably reliable home complex without the technical perversions, but also don't discount the obvious merits and convenience of a virtual server. Really, arguing about what tastes better, pickled cucumber or ice cream, is pointless.

Good luck to everyone, whatever your choice!

Are you sure mt4 will work on linux?

I apologize in advance if I'm being silly, but what do you think of this method of achieving maximum technical reliability of auto-trading?

When writing an EA, we should at once specify the system of accounting for orders that implies control under the principle of "one signal, one order".

Without going too deep into the details, it should ensure parallel work of multiple instances of the Expert Advisor on one account, and the result should correspond to the work of one instance,

the result should correspond to the work of a single instance. It's like the first one has had enough time and the rest have a ban on the operation.

the rest of them are prohibited from the operation.

The implementation of such an Expert Advisor allows for diversification of access points.

You can put it on two computers at home on different lines, you can add a couple of VPS in different cities and countries, it all depends on the problem

and budget.

And if at least one point survives, trade will not suffer.

In my opinion, it's the most reliable.

granit77 >> :

It's possible to put two computers on different lines at home, or add a couple of VPS in different cities or countries.

and budget.

If you read the thread first, reliability is only one aspect, and the other is security, i.e. no access without your knowledge. So, as the number of points increases, reliability increases, but security decreases!

TedBeer >> :

If you read the thread first, reliability is only one aspect, and the other is security, i.e. no access without your knowledge. So, as the number of points increases, reliability increases, but security decreases!

And in your opinion, why would someone purposefully try to gain access to an account?

mamma >> :

And in your opinion, why will someone purposefully try to get access to an account?

In my opinion, this is not a problem in normal countries. But the individual comrades who started this thread are concerned about this problem.

Reason: