Strange observation ! - page 5

Thank you. I'll give it a try.

Curious. That this only happens to one particular EA. My other EAs and other EAs are working and optimizing normally.

I have been using this EA (for all ticks) on all platforms from different brokerage companies. The same Expert Advisor (for all ticks) works fine in that EA on all platforms of different brokerage companies.

I tried it even on the old (211th) build.

I do not want to leave it because of such misunderstandings. I have never tried it before, as it displays very good results in the tester.

Perhaps, the optimization is affected by the fact that the expert operates using pending (stop) orders.

They are set at some points. Then they are removed due to their estimated reason.

Simply uncheck "Skip useless results" in the context menu of the run results window.

Thank you. That didn't help either. Zero values appear in "results" when the checkbox is disabled.

Also, I've already written above that I'm optimising the EA - in a known profitable zone.

Here's the reason! The owner of the Expert Advisor informs me. That this version is designed exclusively for online work. It is impossible to optimize there in software!

However, I've looked through the code attentively and didn't find it explicitly prohibited. Well, whatever. The main thing is that the issue is solved.

Now I got another version of the same Expert Advisor.

It is intended specially for testing and optimization. I am looking at it...

Yeah, next time I'll ask if you have the source code or just eh4

The code was the original! And I looked at it carefully. But I couldn't find an explicit ban.

rid писал(а) >>
Код то был исходный! И я внимательно его смотрел. Но явного запрета не нашел.

I don't see how that's possible, unless nen wrote it. :))

Good afternoon everyone.

Something is not clear again.

Worked now in the tester with the expert in mt4 Alpari.

Everything was fine. After the next run the Expert Advisor suddenly stopped opening trades. Although it was opening deals a minute before.

Error 130 suddenly appeared in my journal! However, my stops were Ok. I started to look into it. And I found that in the Strategy Tester in the PROPERTIES box the level of stops is equal to =30!

I do not know what it was before. But my Expert Advisor had been placing stop orders at 15-25 points away from the current price for 5 minutes.

And suddenly it stopped. It started generating error 130 !

Is it a glitch in my computer? Or is it a server "messing around" with stop levels?

Now the expert has started working again!

And the stop level is now=10 !

Exactly, - the server's acting up!

Here is another "grail" discovered !

Strategy Tester Report
BroCo-Demo (Build 220)

Symbol FDAXZ8 (DAX (eurex) (07-50 - 22:00) Exp 19/12/2008)
Period 5 Minutes (M5) 2008.09.25 18:30 - 2008.11.26 19:20
Model All ticks (most accurate method based on all smallest available timeframes)

Bars in history 7490 Simulated ticks 1038924 Modeling quality n/a
Initial deposit 1000.00
Net profit 24570.90 Total profit 102454.45 Total loss -77883.55
Profitability 1.32 Expected payoff 3.96
Absolute drawdown 202.22

Maximum drawdown 157613.03 (98.12%) Relative drawdown 98.12% (157613.03)

Total trades 6209 Short positions (% win) 3119 (73.07%) Long positions (% win) 3090 (71.26%)
Profitable trades (% of all) 4481 (72.17%) Loss trades (% of all) 1728 (27.83%)
The most profitable trade -73.06 (loss trade -54.13)
Average profitable trade 22.86 losing trade -45.07
Maximal number of continuous wins (profit) 28 (425.91) continuous losses (loss) 5 (-270.55)
Maximum number of uninterrupted wins (number of wins) 657.54 (17) uninterrupted losses (number of losses) -270.55 (5)
Average continuous winnings 4 continuous losses 5

Unclear point with the drawdown. I do not understand why the drawdown is marked absurdly large?

Maximum drawdown 157613.03 (98.12%) Relative drawdown 98.12% (157613.03)

Indeed, we can see on the chart that there is no such a drawdown! And according to the report, no.

It cannot be a drawdown of hundreds of thousands, with profits = tens of thousands and initial deposit = 1000

Reason: