anyone interested, write a simple advisor - page 4

This is the inside of SSL, the initial data was not visible, because the indicator itself hid it.
However, the tester throws on the chart all the indicators, which were accessed by the EA, i.e. now, when the indicator is embedded, the original data ssl=2 pcs MA 13 is visible

+ 1 pc MA, but the resulting SSL is not visible.

Korey писал (а) >>

This is the inside of SSL, the raw data was not visible, because the indicator hid it.
However, the tester has put on the chart all indicators addressed by the EA, i.e. now when the indicator is embedded, the initial data ssl=2 pcs MA 13 is visible.

+ 1 pc MA, but no resultant SSL is visible.

I looked at the chart with a magnifying glass. I didn't find it either. it must have hidden behind the black background of the chart.

dpg03 писал (а) >>
opened and closed manually...

Did you really open and close? Or did you take a piece of the chart and count the number of pips from crossing to crossing?

Fredik писал (а) >>

Did you really open and close? Or did you take a piece of the chart and count the number of points from crossing to crossing?

I opened and closed manually for 2006... sorry i didn't save the report, 2006 was a bust... but in 2007 i got a profit of about 70% given 5% of my depo per order...

Korey писал (а) >> Adviser for forward testing.

I can't understand why such a huge array of ssl[10000] values ? Where do we start counting from if it's H4, from the dinosaurs?

It slows down testing a lot.

granit77 писал (а) >>

I can't understand why such a huge array of ssl[10000] values ? I mean, where do we start counting from if it's H4, from the dinosaurs?

Slows down the testing a lot.

If you can write a simple EA, thank you.

dpg03 писал (а) >>

If you manage to write a simple EA, I will thank you.

Why are you not satisfied with 5_8macrossv2uSSL, except for speed of testing? It will not be easy to find a programmer who will write a better one.

My opinion is that this topic is a variation on the theme of MA crossings, with all their drawbacks. That is, tracking long trends and unstable operation all the rest of the time.

No new ideas are used to overcome this disadvantage, hence the result will be close.

If you think I am wrong, please change your mind evidentially.

The original author of the thread asked me to give it a try.
Well, that was quick.
Put it in - put it out.
However, the author failed to manage installation of the indicator+advisor.
Then I have integrated the indicator in the Expert Advisor. That has led to additional questions and, in particular, to perplexing questions of Viktor - "Why do we need 10000 bars?
That is, the entire reason is not the speed of the Expert Advisor but the author's maturity in programming.
I wish dpg03 to experiment more courageously with what he has.

granit77 писал (а) >>

What is your problem with 5_8macrossv2uSSL, apart from the speed of testing? It won't be easy to find a programmer to write a better one, and it's not even about the code.

My opinion is that this topic is a variation on the theme of MA crossings, with all their drawbacks. That is, tracking long trends and unstable operation all the rest of the time.

No new ideas are used to overcome this disadvantage, hence the result will be close.

If you think I am wrong, please change your mind evidentially.

I'm not interested in the speed of testing. I'm interested in why there are two lines on the working chart, and three on the testing one. Even visually on the first chart I can see where the positive areas are and where the negative ones are.

I am interested practically why I open long side manually and 5_8macrossv2uSSL on the other side. I have a look at different indicators on charts.

As for the symbols, I want to change my trading strategy to semi-automatic one, without any set of gondy analyzing indicators and so on.

REAL:

And this is the tester :
Reason: