Tell me the release date of mql5? When will mql5 be available? - page 12

Renat >> :

I wonder why there aren't a lot of trading strategy testers around, but there's already a serious pile of graves from the developments in this area? And people can't even make it in 2 years.

Please do not be fooled by your planning horizon - nobody owes you anything. Although, in any case, MetaTrader 4 will live for a long time to come. And MetaTrader 5 will live a parallel life on a separate site.

Before I met MT, I tested everything perfectly in Excel-Access. With results in tables and graphs with all the trades. And the system itself in VBA via API. And I didn't make any global projects for it (testing), or rather I didn't take it as a project. I can show you the graph. :)

I wish a list of incompatibilities could be drawn up now. So that you don't forget anything later in the hustle and bustle.

Mathemat >> :

OK, let's put the question more constructively: when will we be able to get a more or less accurate list of incompatibilities from MQ - so that we can imagine in advance what to expect when the platform changes?

The whole trading has changed (all the processes are asynchronous, we can send several orders simultaneously and wait for them to be filled), the whole ideology of indicator conversion (no full flat access to the history, and each indicator/expert requests the necessary volume of bars from the history center) has changed. Generally speaking, we need to write a new code.

One of the big problems in tehanalysis is the access to huge histories. In MT4, we used to give everyone direct access to the entire history by default, which resulted in creating huge copies of the market environment, even when an EA or an indicator only needs 1000 bars. All this, of course, worked, but we only needed more memory (up to 4 gigabytes).

In MT5, the history will not just be much more, but much more. In a direct way of providing the whole history in the flat mode no memory is enough, so we use the explicit mode of requesting the necessary parts when necessary. The result is a drastic reduction in memory requirements and acceleration of the entire system. And it is much easier for the tester.

ForexTools писал(а) >>

Was that a joke about everything being compatible in HTML? If you think that everything is compatible, have a look here http://www.quirksmode.org/dom/w3c_html.html. I don't want to see the same tables for different MQL versions. I'd like it to come down to a few paragraphs of text.

I wasn't joking about the HTML. Just the link you cited confirms that there is no need to strive for compatibility - to please the current vagaries and to the detriment of the requirements of progress. NTML is already an anachronism. Dinosaur.

On the whole I can understand MQ's position quite well. Things are developing very rapidly these days, especially in the field of programming. I understand the desire of developers to discard all the outdated, the old and create a qualitatively new. Moreover, in my opinion this is the only correct position. The very essence of the idea to drag through the centuries a trunk with granny sundresses seems vicious to me.

It is another matter what to consider as progress and what as a whim - it is for developers to decide.

And time will tell how much of the decisions made will turn out to be correct. Before the release of Beta this discussion seems premature to me.

Renat >>: In general, the code will need to be written again.

OK, and I'm quite prepared for that (I try to write modular code so that not everything is in one file). Then I'll repeat the question I asked earlier: will there be a period when both "four" and "five" will be supported simultaneously?

Alexey, F4 has not been fully supported for a long time (more than a year).

All efforts have been directed towards MT5 (MQL5).

nen >> :

Alexey, F4 has not been fully supported for a long time (more than a year).

All efforts are concentrated on MT5 (MQL5).

>> "Silent movies are gone, but sound movies are not there yet".

nen >> Alexey, the Quartet is not fully supported for a long time.

Eugene, I'm afraid I don't agree: traders continue to trade real money on the "four", and the DCs regularly update builds. Yes, problems do happen, but they are fixed fairly quickly. And by and large these problems do not interfere much. So, the support is quite full-fledged.

SK. >> :

I wasn't joking about HTML. Exactly, the link you cited confirms that there is no need to strive for compatibility - to suit the current vagaries and to the detriment of the demands of progress. NTML is already an anachronism. Dinosaur.

Is this a statement by a WEB programmer or an outsider's view?

I was told about two years ago that there would be no fixes to the Fibo channels in version 4.

There was a detailed discussion on this topic with ROSh on this forum.

That is, the fibo channels will remain crooked. Very often they are built incorrectly.... Because of the impossibility of accurate referencing...

Full-fledged support is when they fix detected errors. This error was simply not corrected. Asked to wait for version 5.

Waiting...

Reason: