Predicting the future with Fourier transforms - page 32

jelizavettka:
It's not original with a woman... If it was with a Kalman filter... - then yes!
Some people make up element tables in their sleep, but we'll synthesize adaptive filters!

AlexeyFX:

Well yes, such an oncoming missile is a force majeure. In the market, this kind of thing happens in interventions. Take say a brick accidentally flying past. It causes a change in the movement parameters of the missile. It may fly towards it, or it may catch up with it from behind. There can be many bricks, of different masses, flying at different speeds in different directions. It's that component of the price that can't be predicted. And I don't believe any indicator could have predicted the SNB intervention. It is a fluke, which will now long be composted in people's minds, consciously or not. But I think that these external influences can be isolated and observed in real time.
Good, good idea. And the noosphere does work...

Svinotavr: Technologies that allow objects to move at very high accelerations (and change directions almost instantly) do exist. But it seems that they are not available to all mortals and, fortunately, have nothing to do with rockets yet.
I know: it's a UFO!

Don't drink, you'll become a goat.

You, my friend, not you.

Mathemat:
I know: it's a UFO!

Alexei, this is no joke. There really are such technologies.

FTP again:

Address: ftp://ftp.zhunko.ru
User: zhunko_Guest
password: abd4vsuc

There's an archive with all sorts of stuff collected on the web by good people. Recently updated due to new successes of Dinatron (Sergey). I advise to take a look. I haven't seen any simpler device for radiant energy capturing. But I would make it more reliable. He published the schematic. And he explained the directions of improvements.

There is also a theoretical justification of such movements in the archive. Modern technologies make it possible.

There's also antigravity and various free energy sources in the archive.

Disseminate the archive and the link to it as widely as possible. The more people know about it and do something with it, the sooner we will put an end to the cocksuckers.

Er... thank you very much, of course. I'll try and have a look as soon as I have more time.

Colleagues, have you still not realised with whom you are "arguing" here?

There was, is and will be only ONE person on this forum who knows about Fourier, Kalman and other complicated things, yet makes three mistakes in the word "yuck" (deliberately, masquerading as a fool).

It's SProgrammer, a Goldman Sachs / CIA double-crosser. It's his job. He has to sniff around, without giving up what he knows.

You see, SProgrammer, your SEMANTICS give you away, even disguised as a stream of verbal ramblings. And mind you, the stubbornness with which he, under the nickname Trololo, digs in the direction of Fourier allows one to conclude that indeed someone in New York at Financial Discrict is really quite good at trading with some variation on the Fourier theme.

My guess is that this lucky "somebody" is mathematician James Simmons, head of Renaissance Technologies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Harris_Simons

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renaissance_Technologies

And perhaps this trade secret is keeping Goldman Sachs awake, who KNOWS that Simmons with Russian mathematicians and with "something-tom-la-la-Fourier-la-la-la" is doing well in trading (35% p. a. average), but Goldman Sachs does not know HOW ANYTHING. So that's why GS launches GS here on the Russian (Kazan-Limassol) forum Cossack(s) to find out at least something.

Another option is possible - GS knows all the details, but in order to keep profits, they need to have (at best, to hire, at worst, to "stun, sedate, and finally from a corpse") EVERYONE who comes even close to solving this problem. That's why the Cossack calculates everyone here who responds to the key words "Fourier", "spectrum" and so on, and can say something on the point. That's why he's playing the fool.

But judging by the fact that they haven't hired GPWR yet, they're just not interested in "hiring", they're interested in "some other way".

Get it, naive ones?

It's a dark story with Renaissance and their trading methods:

http://superinvestor.ru/archives/634

"We hire physicists, mathematicians, astronomers and computer scientists. At the same time, they usually know absolutely nothing about finance," Simons said in his presentation at the IAFE, the International Association for Financial Engineering conference. As for professional traders and financiers, according to Simons, "we don't hire anyone from Wall Street at all.

"... It should be noted that things are far from rosy in Simons' personal life as they are in his academic and financial career. This is especially true of his family and children. The eldest of his five children, Paul at age 34 was hit by a car while riding a bicycle. Another son, Nick, drowned on the island of Bali in Indonesia at the age of 24, and daughter Audrey is autistic."

And here are the victims of great knowledge (at the link above, in the comments):

"Wolfbein and Belopolsky are both graduates of Phystech. At one time they came to Simons and asked him to double his salary to a million. He refused and they parted ways. Afterwards, the couple went to work at Millennium Capital Partners in San Francisco. Millennium was mainly involved in macro strategies. Renaissance began to sue Millennium and its main claim was to fire the two men. That's when they told the court what the strategy was and how Simons was "screwing" the market. You can look it up on websites like SEC.gov.

Much worse was the fate of another Russian-speaking "graduate" of Renaissance, Sasha Astashkevich. Apparently his wife was short of the half a million he was bringing home. And at some point the husband came home with a shotgun..."

http://homesweethome.wordpress.com/2006/02/28/

"I knew Astashkevich personally - he was a bit strange, of course, but quite adequate, not without reason he was one of the top ten strongest mathematicians. His excessive adherence to principle ruined him, because of which his wife could not live with him at first, and then he himself. "

http://forum.tomsk.ru/forum/10/435052/

"New York newspapers report details of what happened, in particular details of Alexander Astashkevich's biography and personality. He had studied the most complex sections of mathematics within the walls of the Faculty of Mechanics of Moscow State University and was a man of logic and reason. This is how he was described by Igor Pak, 34, who studied with him and knew him for 15 years. Astashkevich moved out of his home on Pinnacle Drive in Port Jefferson a few years ago and rented a flat nearby to make it easier to visit Arthur.

Astashkevich completed his doctoral studies at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), while Pak was pursuing the same degree at nearby Harvard University. After graduating from MIT, Astashkevich spent three years in academia at the University of California, Davis, before moving to Long Island, where he landed a job at the Renaissance Technologies Corp. financial-investment corporation. Pak is currently an associate professor at MIT. "

http://www.moscowuniversityclub.ru/home.asp?artId=4221

That's creepy. We're all under the radar here. And I, naively, thought Trololo was the only one risking his life here...

But it's a bold and unexpected hypothesis. I must check it out.

P.S. Checked three nicknames - (M,N)SProgrammer. All in the same city, but it is far from GS, that's for sure. And it is a different city than Trololo's.

Reason: