[Archive c 17.03.2008] Humour [Archive to 28.04.2012] - page 16

Richie >>:

Точно. Именно так я и написал, к разочарованию профессора.

y = Sqrt(x^2)

So what's the humour in this, pardon the indelicate question.

Mischek >>:

Super :o)

Hmm, what a joke you've got there, man.

He stole a square and is smoking a cigarette. He was right to say that all great fortunes are made by unrighteous labour.

It must have been frustrating because a normal person wouldn't calculate a module like that.

I think all trader-programmers do the same thing, which in mathematics is called extrapolation.

Everyone just understands it differently. But the result is the same - an attempt to predict.

Richie >>:

Разочаровало наверное по тому, что нормальному человеку в голову так не придёт модуль вычислять.

Я вот думаю, что все трейдеры-программисты занимаются одним и тем же делом, которое в математике называется экстраполяция.

Просто все это понимают по разному. А результат один - попытка прогнозирования.

You may or may not be surprised, but that's not even traders or programmers, everyone is trying to predict what the situation will be in 1 minute, 1 hour, 1 day, 1 year, everyone is different, but that's what life is all about.

Richie >>:
Mischek, фишку знаю, там треугольники разные :)

Which ones I can't see from here what's the difference ?

Urain писал(а) >>

Which ones I can't see from here what's the difference?

Put a ruler against the slide.

Make up the proportions at the points of the hypotenuse to which these internal structures are adjacent.

If it were as drawn, it would be 5:2 = 8:3.

Even simpler: put a ruler on both hypotenuses and you can see everything.

Mathemat >>:

Пропорции составь в точках гипотенузы, к которым примыкают эти внутренние конструкции.

Если бы все было так, как нарисовано, было бы 5:2 = 8:3.

Еще проще: приставь линеечку к обеим гипотенузам и все увидишь.

What are the proportions there everything is in the coordinate grid, the cathetuses are equal the angle is the same as the hypotenuse.

Urain >>:

Какие пропорции там всё в координатной сетке, катеты равны угол тожде знать гипотенуза таже.

the ratio of the cathetuses of red and the ratio of the cathetuses of green are not equal. Although the problem wants to pass them off as similar triangles
Reason: