Wishes for MQL5 - page 42

I ask the developers to pay attention to this topic:

'crontab !!! just have to...'

Korey:

to MetaQuotes

Current/local time simulation glitch in the indicator loaded in the tester.

Description: The current/local indicator time in the tester is equal to the real/demo time.
Proof: Indicator file is attached.

Hello Alexander!

Check your code for a typo. double t; if(t!=Time[0]) And you compare them? Maybe this is where it all goes wrong.

to VBAG

Hi Vladimir!

1.When comparing double t; if(t!=Time[0]) an unsigned integer is cast to double, (I always compare to double.)
datetime is an unsigned integer, it's so to speak not much used,
so implementation of arithmetic operations may be incomplete.
On the one hand, it's overkill, on the other hand, it's uniform - everything is in double.
The applicability of double to datetime is proved by a simple example of MarketInfo.

2.The glitch is insignificant, because very few people in indicators refer to time functions.
You don't need to fix it, but for the prestige of MT-4 it's better to fix it.

lna01:
Steen:

I wish they would put a bigger clock, like on the chart.

It's easy to do on your own 'Visualise Testing. Extending functionality.'

And second: that it would be possible to select the time of testing when testing the EA.

That too.

Hello! I have installed your clock - I liked it, thank you. I would like to install some more instances

I wanted to install some more instances with time shift (like Berlin, Rome, Tokyo...) - did not work. Couldn't deal with the shift. Any tips, if you have time.

edwkhan:

Good afternoon! Installed your clock - loved it, thank you. Wanted to install some more copies

with a time shift (like Berlin, Rome, Tokyo...) - didn't work. Couldn't deal with the shift. Any advice if you have the time.

Good afternoon! You didn't provide your code, so we can only speculate what the problem is. Time in MT is "measured" in seconds, so the shift should be added (subtracted) to TimeCurrent() in seconds. Not forgetting, of course, that it is server time. "Organizationally" can be approached in different ways. For example, you can create two arrays: string array with names of cities and datetime (int) array with shifts. The required city can be set via external EA/indicator parameter. Then, try the array of cities to find the required index and take the required value of the shift array by this index.

it would be nice to have a bar number from the beginning of the year for the candles of any timeframe, as is done for the days

lna01:
edwkhan:

Good afternoon! Installed your clock - loved it, thank you. Wanted to install some more copies

with a time shift (like Berlin, Rome, Tokyo...) - didn't work. Couldn't deal with the shift. Please advise, if you have time.

Good afternoon! You didn't cite your code, so we can only speculate what the problem is. Time in MT is "measured" in seconds, so the shift should be added (subtracted) to TimeCurrent() in seconds. Not forgetting, of course, that it is server time. "Organizationally" can be approached in different ways. For example, you can create two arrays: string array with names of cities and datetime (int) array with shifts. The required city can be set via external EA/indicator parameter. Then you should try to search the array of cities to find the right index and use this index to get the desired value of the shift array.

Thank you very much! I have understood my mistake. As soon as I can, I'll brush up the code and post it.

Skymer:

it would be nice to have a bar number from the beginning of the year for candlesticks of any timeframe, as it is done for days

can't it be calculated?

what is wrong with it?

int iBarShift(

string symbol, int timeframe, datetime time, bool exact=false)

ttt = form time at the beginning of the year

int NUMBANACHOD_M15 = iBarShift(Symbl() , 15, ttt, false);

SK. писал (а):
edwkhan:

I would like to have arrays with negative indices (in indicators) to try to make predictions.

Seconded.

In my opinion, the concept itself should be accepted as the basic one. In particular, the following standard functions should be correct: function of determining the time for negative bars and function of calculating negative bars for future time.

I found it very interesting too!

---

I will try to help - maybe somebody wrote it, I can't read it all - I wonder if developers took something from this long flam- ---

I would also like to have timer events - in most developed languages this is present

Most of the wishes for MQL-5 are very easy to implement directly in MQL-4
This is obvious because most of the wishes do not require revision of the data model,
or management of processes/threads of the terminal.
A simple evolutionary growth of MQL-4 is possible, functions will be added step by step and the meta-lang will be added step by step.
There is already an example of such evolutionary growth - Strategy Tester.
A step-by-step improvement of MT-4 would be corporately useful and cost-effective. - lower costs, fewer bugs, more trust.
And we would rejoice.
Reason: