Wishes for MQL5 - page 19

Damn! at least one word of substance in the last few posts, it's all a hullabaloo that never ends. Forget about .net and god forbid that melkosoft is interested in this area, they can make a mess out of everything, you can't take that away from them. yes, .net is good ... For the developer but for the user it's a real headache, starting from size and ending with incompatibility of versions, and when the developers start using each other's fruits, the installer wants the second version, a component in the first and everything else - the third, then the song begins. Let's do without .net at least.

Maybe we should have a separate section for such debates?

Renat:
Please express your wishes to MQL5.

The development of MQL5 is in progress and it is one of our prominent positions in the new trading platform. We purposely refrain from discussing it for the sake of calmness. But in a while we will start to publish information about the new language, libraries and programming environment.

language

1 object-oriented (the strongest desire)

2 as close to C++ as possible

2.1 structures ( it would be nice to see them )

3 add events

3.1 order handling... ( take profit, stop )

3.2 error ( instead of polling after function or together)

3.3 timer event ( would allow to manage the application better )

editor

visual debugger

terminal

ability to choose a non-standard TF interval ... say 3 minutes or 6 hours 25 minutes etc ... i.e. scalable

W1 tester

multicurrency tester

multiple TF tester during visualization

It would be a good idea to once again think hard about the basis for the StopLevel limit for pending stop orders before running 5. In my opinion, it should not be the stated opening price of the order (essentially, the opening price), but still the closing price of the corresponding market order (as for market orders).

Now it is possible (spread = 3, StopLevel = 3) to open BuyStop = 1.0050 with the closest SL = 1.0047, TP = 1.0053. At the moment the pending is converted into a market one, the situation becomes technically possible, when the BId (correct close price) is already on the SL. (Such a situation is not allowed for the original market, and rightly so).

If the basis for the calculation is changed, the same BuyStop = 1.0050 may have the closest SL = 1.0044 and TP = 1.0050. At the moment of conversion to the market BId will be at the same distance from the stop order. To close this market one, the price will still have to stomp 3 points.

TedBeer:

Damn! at least one word of substance in the last few posts, it's all a hullabaloo that never ends. Forget about .net and god forbid that melkosoft is interested in this area, they know how to make shit out of everything, you can't take that away from them. yes, .net is good ... For the developer but for the user it's a real headache, starting from size and ending with incompatibility of versions, and when the developers start using each other's fruits, the installer wants the second version, a component in the first and everything else - the third, then the song begins. Let's do without .net at least.

Maybe you should create a separate section for such debates?

The incompatibility of versions occurs usually only at the developers, in that case, the developer uses one software and someone else, otherwise the user is usually associated with a service update, usually the admins keep track of this, the users of the license and others, developers tend to keep track of such a global update, in any case, all the problems are solved one way or another and I do not see a global problem. In most cases no intervention is needed. Version dependency is something to strive for, because otherwise, there are more bugs, hole upon hole, that's a fact, at one time there were a lot of problems with it and above all the developers, a never ending headache, and the user is convulsing if the developer didn't take care of it and any developer is above all the user himself.

You are using Windows, it's important for you to see the error-free operation, so why do you take for bugs, warnings about incompatibility, do you really think that user errors should concern the developer? And how are you going to explain to the developer where the bug is if there is no control over compatibility and even more so over bugs?

I, as a user, have always strived to use more perfect products, choosing the one that is more perfect, otherwise you can fall behind life and lose even more time, but as a developer I look at many other factors as well. You are writing in MQL, I'm not writing in MQL, although I use MT and know MQL, but that's why I'm not. Everyone chooses his own way, while you are just waiting for the developers, what you are missing, we already have it for ourselves, we are trying to develop it in a narrow circle :) I basically have nothing else to do here and may not appear here at all, until a new build and a new version of the MT. However, without any participation in the discussions, you can neglect an important area and waste even more time, precisely in vain, as everything needs to be redesigned and adapted to the new level in some unimaginable way, you have to consider literally everything, so that you get rid of such a problem as quickly as possible when moving to a new version.

You are literally telling me to give up on everything and be content with what is, as they say, that God provides, the rest is your problem, it does not happen, in any development takes time and money and about some sayings that God provides, you just can not think, you need to push the idea by any means.

TedBeer wrote (a):..., Andy_Kon wrote (a):..., pxx wrote (a):..., xnsnet wrote (a):.

I vote for "religious tolerance". :)

On topic:

Language - Exceptions would be spot on too.

YuraZ:

1 Object orientation (strongest desire)

Probably the most accurate thing to say. A person who is used to OOP has a hard time with procedural-oriented languages.

To speed up debugging, we need to add labels and tracing (like in good old procedural languages). And also - we need to provide the ability to call one EA from another (Ex4 executable).

Igor

In the tester and terminal window all columns characterising the order - MN and comment should be added.

In the tester more free through tick boxes (useful to save resources):
- output/don't output any messages to the juranal;
- output all/skip all but the last hundred;
- show/don't show graphs;
- show/not show results.

In the manual order management window, check the option
- to enable/disable the left side;
On the left side, display (tabbed or ticked)
- tick chart;
- market overview;
- data window;
- display useful information from a running application program;
- variations.

Make it possible to output the indicator in the window with the chart or in a separate window - below the chart - by selecting [v] checkbox, without recompilation.

It would also be good to enable selecting of separate elements(graphic tools) of one indicator in the window with the chart and in the window below the chart by ticking.

Suppose the Andrews' Pitchfork is displayed in the window with the chart, while some calculated elements of the same indicator, for example, time stamps should be displayed in the window below the chart, for example, as the histogram.

==============

The windows for the indicator output or separate indicator elements should also be selectable by setting the number of the window in which the output should be displayed.

nen:

The windows for displaying the indicator or individual indicator elements can also be selected by specifying the window number in which the output is to take place.

Yes. And allow to change the order of indicator windows (which is higher and which lower) both programmatically and manually.
Reason: