Wishes for MQL5 - page 8

Hello, I think it would be very useful function for locking position, like OrderReverse(), which reaches a certain number of pips (StopReverse) in minus and reverses the position, i.e. it closes minus position and opens opposite one... The settings would be the same as for OrderSend, only the StopReverse should be added. Example:

int OrderReverse(string symbol, int cmd, double volume, double price, int slippage,double StopReverse, double stoploss, double takeprofit, string comment=NULL, int magic=0, datetime expiration=0, color arrow_color=CLR_NONE)

Itso:
Rukuki_Ake:
add inline functions
array_push(Array, Var) add an element to an array from a variable
array_pop(Array, Var) pull out the last element from the array into a variable
array_shift(Array, Var) add the first element to the array from a variable
array_unshift(Array, Var) pull the first element from the array into a variable

Are you too lazy to write it yourself?

If you weren't too lazy, we'd all be writing in assembler.

SK. писал (а):

I thought we were discussing MT4 capabilities...

Can you run an EA on that server, an indicator? Have you tried to really work with it ? (I tried it once, 1 time on demo was enough).

I don't know, maybe the author of that post meant the fact that the terminal can give an order to the server to set the northbound trawl.

Indicator and Expert Advisor cannot be launched there, you can only open an order and place stops, turn on the trawl. This is not a program, it's just a website page. The developers hope that the user will use tehanalysis programs like Metastock.

Well, if you have tried to use this thing, I won't search for the address - there's no need.

About the function returning the index of the found element of the array - I was stupid - the thing is that if the required element is one in the array, the index can be returned, but if there are two, three or more of them....? What, to return an array of indexes?

I have a feeling that we will give the developers advice on various functions that it will not be necessary to write an Expert Advisor - the terminal will open and close positions and turn them over by itself :))))

Plus:
Quick key operations.
Ability to enter keyboard shortcuts for a simple operation.
For example: Press CTRL+A to open a Buy Limit for EURUSD of 0.3 lot 15 points below the current price with TP of 30.
And that any such operation could be created in the settings.
I think this would be a very useful feature in the new MT.
Otherwise F9, then set a buy-limit, then write the buy-limit price, then TP, then execute - it takes a lot of time!
Or you could assign some operation to a function key.
Do you think it's difficult to implement in the new MT?
And in general, does anyone need such a feature, or only me?

Why don't you like scripts?

Add ASK and BID quotes

prusax:
Add ASK and BID quotes

Where ? :-)

OHLCV, where else... :)

Dali:
chv:
Gorillych:
I have a wish to have a TrailingStop on the server :),
Still tracking StopLoss and TakeProfit...

What kind of algorithm exactly? There are at least 11 types of trailing in this library . And how many of them (or others) to implement on the server?

It is sufficient to have a simple trailing stop, i.e. a linear pulling of that stop which was set by the last operation, just to be able to turn off the computer at night. And more complex algorithms will be implemented in the Expert Advisor.
Simple trailing stops are implemented in many dealers that use their own terminal software.
This, of course, overloads the dealers' servers, so they are not interested, but at least it is a sacred thing to do for the real money.

To have TS on the server is not the right place, i.e. not for MQL5 developers.

Although the thing is desirable. Let it (TS) be primitive and simple, for example, not a tick, but once an hour and not closer than 50 points, so as not to strain the dealers and their server. It is quite feasible and does not require any special efforts. ALE-E-E, dealers, call out, people are calling you. And in response - silence.

Reason: