A tough arbitration - is there life on Mars? - page 7

So ; selling 1 EURUSD and 1 USDJPY and buying 1 EURJPY we are in a full lock ?

SLAWIK:
So ; selling 1 EURUSD and 1 USDJPY and buying 1 EURJPY we are in a full lock ?

Don't fuck with me.

Doesn't that make sense?

Well, what would be the ask and bid of a synthetic EURUSD consisting of USDJPY and EURJPY?

SLAWIK:
Read, you can even do the whole page/branch (useful)

SLAWIK:

Can anyone answer a (seemingly) simple question?

It is well known that an operation on any pair can be expressed (written) through so called synthetics ... i.e. through operations with other pairs ...

so how would buying 1 lot of EURUSD look like using (for example) EURJPY and USDJPY ?

Let's see the result of an operation: buy 1 lot of EURUSD and sell 1 lot of EURJPY.

( 1 ) * EURUSD - ( 1 ) * EURJPY

The number of lots is given in brackets. The sign "-" means sell.

1 lot of both pairs is 100000 EUR. This means that we do not have EUR.

In order to buy the first pair, we have sold USD equivalent to 100000 EUR.

In order to sell the second pair, we have bought JPY in the amount equivalent to 100000 EUR.

Now, compare the two facts: we have the result of selling USDJPY for the equivalent of 100000 EUR.

1 lot of USDJPY is equivalent to 100000 USD.

Therefore we obtain:

( 1 ) * EURUSD - ( 1 ) * EURJPY = - ( eurusd ) * USDJPY; eurusd is the current exchange rate.

( 1 ) * EURUSD = ( 1 ) * EURJPY - ( eurusd ) * USDJPY

So no one wants to write down what the aski and bidi of a synthetic EURUSD consisting of USDJPY and EURJPY would be equal to?

I mean - why do we need to catch a correlation between different instruments, when there was already written a perfect Expert Advisor opening lots on a synthetic pair - opposite pairs' positions which the synthetic is calculated from, and if a bid of one exceeds an ask of another by a significant amount (up to 50 pips)...

and closes everything when the slider is reversed ( opening opposite positions in the same time ) ...

I.e., practically a non-declining arbitrage Expert Advisor (which is always in the market) https://www.mql5.com/ru/code

Try opening the positions - and calculate the synthetic spread, or else look for chartbuilder on this site

SLAWIK:

I mean - why do we need to catch a correlation between different instruments, when there was already written a perfect Expert Advisor opening lots on a synthetic pair - opposite pairs' positions which the synthetic is calculated from, and if the bid of one exceeds the ask of the other by a significant amount (up to 50 pips)...

and closes everything when the slider is reversed ( opening opposite positions in this case ) ...

I.e., in fact - a non-declining arbitrage Expert Advisor (which is always in the market) https://www.mql5.com/ru/code

Was it worth coming from so far away? To voice a dubious idea?
Reason: