Stochastic indicator. A curious observation. - page 13

sllawa3 >> :

Difficult to answer because I lost history today due to a technical error... but 3 parameters are optimized... keltner width(z) from 0 to 3... stochastic parameters ( 3 3 1 - 5 3 3 ) and overbought and oversold levels... from 7/95 to 10/80 (UB and US)

Thank you!

kernelmd >> :

Thank you!

IT'S FOR THOSE WHO ARE TOO LAZY TO GET INTO THE CODE (I PUT THE CHOICE OF TIMEFRAME THAT SETS THE TREND IN THE SETTINGS) BY THE WAY ... YOU CAN PUT ON 2 WINDOWS WITH DIFFERENT MAGES AND DIVIDE THE OPENING CHANNELS FOR BUY AND SELL ... AND THEN SEPARATE ...

When I was studying the EA, I kept looking closely at its performance ... the following observations: breaking of the stochastic signal line on m1 is always delayed by several bars when price changes direction (changing the delay and other parameters don't help much) change of a trend on m5 is in turn delayed when it changes on m1 ...

Thus, from time to time ( although not very often ) there are false signals ...

Do anyone have any ideas how to deal with it? My ideas are as follows ... The entry should not be carried out on the fractal signal and fractal (but the condition on the level to leave) is the first ... and the second trouble - perhaps should enter the 3rd timeframe for insurance? ( longer )

Files:
a3_1.mq4  8 kb

leonid553 писал(а) >>

And one more, with arrows. Arrows in blue and pink - entry at crossed midline.

Leonid, have you tried the envelopes with Sto +50\-50 ?

even take Sto Histo (already tested) and play around;

also Sto Momentum.... hmmm... interesting

sllawa3 >> :

IT'S FOR THOSE WHO ARE TOO LAZY TO GO INTO THE CODE ( TOOK THE CHOICE OF TIMEFRAME THAT SETS THE TREND IN THE SETTINGS) BY THE WAY ... YOU CAN PUT ON 2 WINDOWS WITH DIFFERENT MAGES AND DIVIDE THE OPENING CHANNELS FOR BUY AND SELL ... AND THEN SEPARATE ...

Good afternoon !

What is it:

extern double BYI = 1;
extern double SELL = 1;

Stells >> :

Good afternoon !

What is it:

extern double BYI = 1;
extern double SELL = 1;

Enable or disable the opening of these positions ( flags )

sllawa3 >> :

IT'S FOR THOSE WHO ARE TOO LAZY TO GET INTO THE CODE (I PUT THE CHOICE OF TIMEFRAME THAT SETS THE TREND IN THE SETTINGS) BY THE WAY ... YOU CAN PUT ON 2 WINDOWS WITH DIFFERENT MAGES AND DIVIDE THE OPENING CHANNELS FOR BUY AND SELL ... AND THEN SEPARATE ...

False signals appear ...

do i have any suggestions how to deal with it ? my ideas are as follows ... entry should not be based on a fractal break in the signal (but the condition of the level should be kept) is the first ... and the second problem - maybe a third timeframe for insurance? ( longer )

I don't think the third TF will help much, although it will reduce the number of false entries a bit. But the trades will be smaller as well. I don't argue, if each direction has its own Expert Advisor with its own slow mode and its own settings, it might work. You have to experiment. Try to connect the CCI and see, at least visually. CCI even on M1 gives a signal a bit earlier than stochastic.

Paha писал(а) >>

I don't think the third TF will help much, although it will reduce the number of false entries a bit. But the trades will be smaller as well. I don't argue, if each direction has its own Expert Advisor with its own slow mode and its own settings, it might work. You have to experiment. Try to connect the CCI and see, at least visually. CCI even on M1 gives a signal a bit earlier than stochastics.

plus there is no history - a straight line from 15 min clowes to clowes - in 15 1 min bars and if 60 min....

i.e. if on a higher timeframe a hundred was not hanging around - fine, but on trend reversals - see where it was on those 15(60) bars ... what he opened / closed, why, what levels he hit...

it's time to do something with it... start writing the history or create an additional indicator with the calculation of all the bars up to the first one in the major TF, but 0 bar (current) - to the current one... something like this

Paha >> :

I don't think the third TF will help much, although it will reduce the number of false entries a bit. But the trades will be smaller as well. I don't argue, if each direction has its own Expert Advisor with its own slow mode and its own settings, it might work. You have to experiment. Try to connect the CCI and see, at least visually. CCI even on M1 gives a signal a bit earlier than stochastic.

CCI GIVES TOO MANY FALSE SIGNALS. THE THIRD TIMEFRAME INCREASES THE RELIABILITY OF ENTRY BUT CUTS THE NUMBER OF TRADES... AND THE SEPARATION OF BUY AND SELL YIELDS GREAT RESULTS...

double KU = iCustom(NULL,1, "keltner",20,20,Z, 0, 0);

as understood in A3 "keltner" is fzntfelc.mq4 (2.49 KB) (previous page)

fxxx >> :

double KU = iCustom(NULL,1, "keltner",20,20,Z, 0, 0);

as understood in A3 "keltner" is fzntfelc.mq4 (2.49 KB) (previous page)

GOT IT RIGHT. IN AZ IT CAN BE CALLED AN ADJUSTABLE WIDTH WIZARD... IN PRINCIPLE, IT ALSO WORKS WITH A NORMAL WIZARD INSTEAD (IT HAS MORE POSSIBILITIES FOR OPTIMISATION)

Reason: