Arbitrage - page 20

Found the right name for this arbitrage. It is called complex or cross arbitrage.
See the concepts of "simple" and "complex" currency arbitrage

"If currency arbitrage is done with two currencies, it is called simple arbitrage..." - so if I bought euros for quid today (long for EUR/USD) and sold them tomorrow, it is simple arbitrage? Heh... then I don't understand - who and what was against this name for Reshetov's EA? It turns out that it lives up to its name, even when working on one pair. Or maybe I misunderstood something?

DrawDown:
"If currency arbitrage is done with two currencies, it is called simple arbitrage..." - so if I bought euros for quid today (long for EUR/USD) and sold them tomorrow, it is simple arbitrage? Heh... then I don't understand - who and what was against this name for Reshetov's EA? It turns out that it lives up to its name, even when working on one pair. Or maybe I misunderstood something?
You got it right. The name fits the strategy.

usdjpy:
DrawDown:
"If currency arbitrage is done with two currencies, it is called simple arbitrage..." - so if I bought euros for quid today (long for EUR/USD) and sold tomorrow, it is simple arbitrage? Heh... then I do not understand - who and what was against this name for Reshetov's advisor? It turns out that it lives up to its name, even when working on one pair. Or maybe I misunderstood something?
You got it right. The name fits the strategy.

So it turns out that all speculative (and perhaps not only) transactions on the same currency pair in forex are simple arbitrage... hmm... never heard of it before.

Congratulations gentlemen, it only took 20 pages to settle on the fact that the name of the strategy is correct!

maksaa:
Congratulations, gentlemen, it took only 20 pages to decide that the name of the strategy is correct!

Hehehe... in fact, I haven't even tried to do it... and I don't know... yet. When those who have figured it out come up... then I think another 10 pages will add to it :))

Right, right, it's coming, there was a Vita around here somewhere, you'll have to tell him, it'll be five pages long for sure:)))))))))))))))))))

Yeah :)))

OK, if it really is arbitrage, I'm prepared to admit my mistake in public when I said it wasn't arbitrage. This does not change the essence of the Expert Advisor in any way. The main thing is to understand the algorithm, i.e. what is written in the start() function. Has anyone already done that - or are we still bickering about terminology?

Arbitrage - the purchase or sale of a financial instrument and the simultaneous opening of an opposite position in a related market in order to profit from a small price discrepancy between markets.

Currency arbitrage - a transaction to buy one or more foreign currencies and then sell them in order to profit from differences in exchange rates over time or due to differences in exchange rates in different markets.

No comment.

I think the discussion was not so much around the question of whether it is arbitrage or not, but around the question of how a fair price is defined.
After all, it is the difference in price from the fair price that constitutes the source of profit and the opportunity for arbitrage here.

And in the end, despite Reshetov's silence, it was sorted out. So what difference does it make now whether or not it fits the term?
Reason: