Martingale is Evil?! - page 10

leman писал(а) >>

Are you serious?
You want me to write an advisor, let's test it?

You're so rarely humorous, so we'll take your word for it.

leman >>:

Вы чего, серьезно?
Ну хотите я советник напишу, протестируем.

You did make a statement about the grail.
Or was that a subtle sarcasm, regarding the robustness of my system?

Lord_Shadows >>:

Вы же подали заявление про грааль.
Или же это был тонкий сорказм, относительно робастности моей системы?

No, I'm not being sarcastic. I respect everyone's creative approach to work.

Just eagle-eye is also a method of chance, so it turns out that if a person is lucky in life, then for him eagle-eye + martin = grail.

How many times does the lot size increase after a false entry?

leman >>:

Да нет, что Вы, никакого сарказма. Я уважаю творческий подход к работе каждого.

Просто орлянка тоже метод на авось, ну вот и получается, что если человеку везет по жизни, значит для него орлянка + мартин = грааль.

Let's start by referring to you, if you don't mind.
And then... I didn't say that the system is flawless or that it is workable over an unlimited horizon of time and events.
But it's also foolish to say that I don't believe my eyes and that so far, I repeat so far the system works.
The Expert Advisor has not been adjusted to the history. Later I've corrected it by 2008 (a very horrible year for Martingale systems), and that's all ... I tested EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCAD with fixed parameters. The reports turned out so similar that I also took it as an illusion and checked the results dozens of times. Then I have put the system on a demo account and monitored it right away, to avoid reproaches and to be honest with myself. After identifying the problems I mentioned in the posts above, I decided to put the Expert Advisor on micro real. By the way, the links to both monitors appeared on the same day in my profile when the accounts were launched. So no rose-coloured glasses for me... All's fair. What happens next is unknown to any of us... But there is still hope.

Lord_Shadows писал(а) >>

Let's start with you, if you don't mind.
And then... I didn't say that the system is flawless or that it is workable over an unlimited horizon of time and events.
But it's also foolish to say that I don't believe my eyes and that so far, I repeat so far the system works.
The Expert Advisor has not been adjusted to the history. Later I've corrected it by 2008 (a very horrible year for Martingale systems), and that's all ... I tested EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCAD with fixed parameters. The reports turned out so similar that I also took it as an illusion and checked the results dozens of times. Then I have put the system on a demo account and monitored it right away, to avoid reproaches and to be honest with myself. After identifying the problems I mentioned in the posts above, I decided to put the Expert Advisor on micro real. By the way, the links to both monitors appeared on the same day in my profile when the accounts were launched. So no rose-coloured glasses for me... All's fair. What happens next is unknown to any of us... But there is still hope.

If it's no secret, please, describe in general terms the entry, exit system, indicators (if used). Is it a trend or flat TS...

RomanS >>:
Во сколько раз увеличевается лот после ложного входа?

I didn't get too clever and put doubling, but not in a false entry, but sort of not in a very accurate entry...
The system is not a rollover, it's an averaging system. :)

sever29 >>:

Если не секрет, в общих словах опишите систему входов, выходов, индикаторы (если используются). Трендовая или флетовая ТС...

The system of inputs, outputs is secret.
There are only two indicators.
The first is ATR for analysis of candlestick spreads.
The second is self-written fractals, for trend analysis on days and above.
The system is counter-trend.

Is it still about Martin?

sever29 >>:

Если не секрет, в общих словах опишите систему входов, выходов, индикаторы (если используются). Трендовая или флетовая ТС...

Uh-huh...
and you'd better send the code right away =)

Reason: